cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Printing text symbol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In SAP Script , i am trying to print output in RDI (Raw Data Interface) simple spool format. In this case, one text symbol is printing only first character but actually the text symbol value has 16 characters. When i saw in script debugging mode, that text symbol contain value but in print preview the text symbol printing first character only.

Please advice....

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check if SAP note 876571 can resolve this problem?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your coding, do you per accoasin maybe have coded it like:

/ &VARIABLE(1)&

awin_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Try to increase width of window in which you are printing.

If ur text symbol is of non-character datatype, move it to character datatype and print it since character data type is always left justified.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How's the field defined which holds the value of the symbol? Is it long enough to hold the entire field value? or is it defined maybe with a type C but no length (default 1 character) ?

Regards, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

My text variable has enough lemgth to fit the complete value. I cahnged the Output type From RDI to normal SAP Script formatting . In this case the value was printed correctly. From this i got conclusion as this is problem in RDI output format only..

Please advice..

Thanks for ur reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For specific symbols in RDI output you might need to use UCPLAIN device type (unicode) instead of just PLAIN which is the normal for RDI.

Regards,

Christian