cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not wanting to define a user name in desktop shortcut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are currently preparing some windows desktops for our production and have added a SAP shortcut to a certain transaction to the desktop.

However, we want the user name to be left blank when the shortcut is opened.

So far we have noticed 2 options.

- you can define an explicit name

- or leave the user name blank and the windows user will be used.

We want neither. The second option is not working for us either because we use an auto logon for the PC.

So we don't want the windows user name. The input field instead should be completely blank as default.

We have tried a couple of things. A space between quotes works, but leaves the space.

Which only confuses more when the user types his user name and will not be able to login due to the space in front of his user name.

I hope you guys might have solution on this.

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version and patch level of SAPGui are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

On most of our PCs we have the following running :

SAP GUI for WINDOWS

final release : 710

file version : 7100.4.17.1046

build : 1147943

patch level : 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I have found thus far is that if you just put in a single " in the user ID field, you can get the User ID field to be blank, with no spaces. However, the cursor will default into the password field first, which may also confuse users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joey we have tried it out.

In the text file we entered the quote for the user name, but unfortunately the quote appears in the login screen.

Still, thanks for your reply.

If you have further ideas...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the SAPlogon to create the shortcut, and put the " in the user ID field in the GUI, then run the shortcut from inside the SAPLogon and it works for me. However, if I take that shortcut and put it on the desktop it no longer works...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

It's the same thing over here and we need the shortcut on the desktop.

At least we now know it's general issue.

If you still have further ideas, I'd be glad, but I think we will opt for a workaround for now.

Something like '-enter user name-'.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Johan