Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

significance of 'Destination Storage Type' in SPRO- define movement types

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey folks,

Request somebody to respond on below :

i want to know the significance of 'Destination Storage Type - T333-NLTYP' which is mentioned in SPRO

Reference IMG  Logistics Execution  Warehouse Management  Activities  Transfers  Define movement types

for certain Warehouse and Movement type 311.

If i transfer the material from suppose Storage location X(WM Managed) to St. Locn Y(IM Managed) bye 311-movt type then i don't understand where comes in picture the destination storage type because in this case there is no destinatino warehouse as St. Locn Y is IM managed.

<< Please do not offer points >>

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Sep 22, 2010 3:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The best example what I can explan to u...

In sap u have standard process and there intrim storage type which are used as destination stoarge type in movement type.

Now consider when u have material like petrol and u have some open area and now u have only one big tank,,, This tank is oly destination and there is no intrim so here this destination playes role and u can directly move a material with movement type and special movement indicator mapping...

I hope by this u will understand the concept of destination stoparge type in movement type..

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Request somebody to respond on below :

i want to know the significance of 'Destination Storage Type - T333-NLTYP' which is mentioned in SPRO

Reference IMG  Logistics Execution  Warehouse Management  Activities  Transfers  Define movement types

for certain Warehouse and Movement type 311.

If i transfer the material from suppose Storage location X(WM Managed) to St. Locn Y(IM Managed) bye 311-movt type then i don't understand where comes in picture the destination storage type because in this case there is no destinatino warehouse as St. Locn Y is IM managed

Please understand that WM movement type is relevant to stock trasnsfer WITHIN your WH. Between storage locations IM-movement types are used.

WM-movement type 311 is to remove your stock from normal storage type to interim storage type 921. This comes when the IM movement (mvt 311) is already posted - as a result of IM posting a negative quant is created in storage type 921 and creating the TO in WM you move the quant(s) from normal storage type to 921.

So, WM-movement type has nothing to do with the stock transfer in IM...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link between IM and WM is through 900 seris storage types, which are called 'Interim storage' types. These are physical temporary locations in warehouse where goods come in and go out. In your case, you are transferring stock b/w storage locations. One Sloc is WM managed and another is IM managed. So, at source Sloc, system is creating the TO with destination Stype 921 (Interim). This Stype is not at destination Sloc, but at source Sloc.