cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop PO replication from SRM to back-end system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to achieve the requirement in the subject?

When a PO with a certain document type is created, can we hinder it's PO replication in the back-end but rather just in SRM server?

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like you want to keep the PO only in SRM for certain document type (Standalone implementation) and replicate to backend for other types (Extended Classic Implementation). You should be able to achieve this by putting code in BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI BADI

SG

Edited by: SRMUSER123 on Sep 22, 2010 8:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SG,

I think the badi BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI is used to control classic and extended classic scenario. For extended classic and standalone scenario i dont think this BADI would work. may be i am wrong.

You can use the Business Add-In BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI to override settings in the Extended Classic Scenario.

Example

a)

You do not want to use the extended classic scenario for product category A-1002. In the BAdI implementation, you set the indicator for this product category to inactive. Even though the extended classic scenario is active, Enterprise Buyer creates all follow-on documents including purchase orders in the backend system (classic scenario) for shopping cart items with product category A-1002.

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

THanks for the suggestions, I will try the BADI suggested. BTW, our SRM implementation is Extended Classic.

I will get back to this thread after I've tested this BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It depends on what criteria you are differentiating Classic/Extended classic or standalone based on Staandard settings or Ext Classic BADI.

Seems you want to control the things via document types. In this case you will ve to change the logical system dynamically as suggested by Jay Yang and Iftikar.

Regards

virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

For manually created POs, you might be able to influence it by implementing BADI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI and method DETERMINE_EXTPO_CREATE. In the implementation, set the changing parameter IV_LOGSYS_FI to your SRM system.

For POs created from sourcing, you might need to enhance FM BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC_V2 with an implicit enhancement point at the beginning of the code and skip the entire FM if it meets your "local PO" condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried implementing this BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI. I don't think it's passing through this BADI, I'm using ESS to shop. Is this considered as Manual PO creation?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what about the down stream docuemnt for this local PO . how will youpay invoice to them if you dont sent it to ECC.

what stratergy you may follow to verify the invoice sent by the supplier for this local PO?

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have this certain PO type that is non-billable, as such, they do not need to be invoiced and need not to be replicated in the back-end. Thus the requirement in the subject.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks ..

stop to send the PO message to the vendor rather stoping to go ECC.let SAP track the record in both sides

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would then agree with Muthu completely. You then should not send the PO to vendors meaning the buyer should not be able to set the PO to "ordered" status. In this case, make a check in the implementation of BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI and prevent such type of PO from being completed. "Save" would be the only possible outcome of this type of PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is Shopping cart can still be Ordered, but PO should only be created in SRM system not in back-end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this situation, why are you creating the PO. Can you manage only with a Approved Shopping cart. If that is the case, then route such Shopping carts to Sourcing Cockpit and let the buyers manually complete the shopping carts.

Otherwise, Using method DETERMINE_DRIVER of BADI BBP_DRIVER_DETERMINE , put a piece of code which will call a Function module in SRM to complete the PO in SRM itself rather than calling a Meta BAPI in ECC.

Regards

Virender Singh