cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service / WSDL

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a web service based on an wsdl file provided by a partner. how can i create a service based on a wsdl instead on rfc function moduls?

any tip is welcome...

thank you

T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

The problem was solved using RFC function modlues. (sic)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Errvin,

thank you for the reply. Unfortunatly I did not mention the system environment.

See the reply to Zachary for more information. I do not have the NWDI available.

Tom

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

how about this tutorial?

You can download the exe file, extract it, then watch the video clicking on the extracted html file. This does not involve NWDI at all:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-106289

(the first section of the video also includes creating a demo wsdl)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

quite interesting approach. Look quite easy to to. Nevertheless it doesn't work for me since in the system environment available the JAVA part is not pusched. Although in the current system we are using the java stack (and therefore NWDS/NWDI) we are planning to migrate everyxthing to WD ABAP and concequently will not have a JAVA environment any more.

Thank you anyway for all the effort.

In the meantime the ext. partner was able to modify there interface to communicate with the SAP interface based on RFC function modules.

Therefore I am closing this thread.

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies.

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I need to let you know that I'm not familiar with this, but the question seems very interesting. If you give me a bit more information, I'll probably have a better chance of successfully answering your questions.

Could you describe the service a bit more?

• Is this service fully implemented in NetWeaver? Which AS is this going in ABAP, J2EE, etc.?

• Is your goal just to redirect the "service consumer" to another application server?

Hope I can help,

Zach

Edited by: Zachary Shay on Sep 22, 2010 5:48 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Zachary,

the situations is:

ECC 6.0 System (no EHP installed)

External system (Document management system) needs personal data in order to create documents in personnell processes.

Ext. system is using a WebService to contact the SAP System.

I am trying to create the web service by using an existing wsdl file provided by the external partner. I already created web services using rfc function modules as basis and found lots of threads describing exactly that approach, but i would like to generate the proxy classes using the existing wsdl file in order to minimise the effort for the external partner.

I hope this clarifies the problem.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Tom