Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Report program in WDA

former_member317731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement to show the pdf on the web dynpro abap. I know standard report which calls these forms.

Can it be possible to call the abap report in webdynpro to display the pdf .

Please suggest.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sahil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you tried SUBMIT .

This is the syntax.

SUBMIT {rep|(name)} [selscreen_options]

[list_options]

[job_options]

[AND RETURN].

Thanks,

aditya.

former_member317731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya,

Thanks for the quick reply. But I have to call a standard report: SD_SDOC_PRINT01 to print the pdf in webdynpro but i don;t know how to pass the parameters to this report.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sahil

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can't just use SUBMIT REPORT and expect the SAPGUI to open from within the browser based Web Dynpro. That isn't technically possible.

A couple of suggestions.

1. Call the same function modules as the standard report from within the processing of the WDA and get the PDF xstring output. Then put this PDF XSTRING into the interactiveForm UI element for display wihtin Web Dynpro.

2. Branch to the SAPGUI for HTML to run and display the classic Dynpro report. You can call the SAPGUI for HTML (and pass parameters) via URL or if you are in the Portal/NWBC via Object Based Naviagtion or one of the other portal navigation APIs.

former_member317731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.

1) It is a standard report and mostly it is using routines not the function modules. So, I dont know how i can use in web dynpro .

2) Regarding theBranch to the SAPGUI for HTML, I dont know that also how toa chieve this. Is there any tutorial or steps i can follow to achieve this.

I have a requirement to display pdfs but these pdfs are actually the Interactive forms in SAP.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sahil

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Regarding theBranch to the SAPGUI for HTML, I dont know that also how toa chieve this

Are you running within the SAP NetWeaver Portal/NetWeaver Business Client or is the application running standalone in the browser? I would have different recommendations depending upon that answer.

If you are using Portal/NWBC, then you can use the Portal Navigation APIs to navigate to the classic dynpro report iView. Here is the help link on the portal APIs:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b0/f86f4132f15c58e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

If you are standalone then you will want to open the URL for the SAPGUI For HTML in a new window (probably using the linkToURL UI element or by opening the URL in a new window with the CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW method of the Window Manager:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/79f82ccbec6fcde10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

You can create the URL for the SAPGUI for HTML using a helper class like CL_URL. That class has a method for the ITS that makes it easy to pass in parameters. The format of the SAPGUI for HTML URL is also documented in the WIKI:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/pages/viewpage.action&pageid=22375

former_member317731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

I have to integrate the WD component into portal. I have an initial view which will have ALV records and when the user selects any one record, the output types for that billing document will appear.So,now when the user clicks any one of the output types, then the corresponding pdf form should be displayed. Will it be possible for you to suggest me a tutorial .Thanks in advance for the favor.

Best Regards,

Sahil

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are in the portal then you can defintely use the portal navigation APIs I mentioned and you should study the link I provided earlier. The link also mentions somes provided samples you can study. The APIs from the WDA side are easy and the code wizard even generates the calls for you. The majority of the work is on the portal side (and not WDA specific) to setup the object links if you want to use OBN (Object Based Navigation).

former_member317731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

The issue is solved.Thank you so much .

Best Regards,

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Can you please guide us how you resolved your issue , since I have similar requirement , where I want call abap program ( which has selection screen to upload a file and UPDATE Database table) .

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Bindla,

praveen.yashwanth@gmail.com

Answers (0)