0 Kudos

Hi all,

there any way to display a URL in the same window. i'm using this:

CALL METHOD lo_window_manager->create_external_window
    EXPORTING
      url    = lv_url
    RECEIVING
      window = lo_window.

Is there another way to do so to not be displayed in an external window?

I have the following problem; i've created a iview in order to call a transaction, but when the transaction is finished an empty window still opened. I want to close this window when the transacction is finished.

Do you know how i can do it? or how can i call the url in the same window?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It is a little odd to link to a Web Dynpro Java forum posting for the answer, but in general this is correct. You use Exit Plugs. Here is a link to the online help where Exit Plugs are discussed in the context of Web Dynpro ABAP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/ca3351508f04e7e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers...

I don't know if I understand correctly. Is necessary to close a window before opening the next?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Is necessary to close a window before opening the next?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You didn't want to open in an external window - that was your original question. So the Exit Plug will navigate in place to a different application. But now you are asking about closing before opening. What exactly are you looking for here? Do you want to navigate to a different application and then return to Web Dynpro? If so, that would be a suspend and resume plug:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/45/19bf8c16f25d7ae10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, I think that's what I need...

i'm going to try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below thread.

[|]