cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO - request response log file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I could not find log files of the Request and Response to ERP (using JCO). Anyone has idea where I could see the log?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what kind of log files are you looking for?

In MII, in the workbench you can see the request and response XML in the SAP JCo Interface action in the link editor. If you need this outside the workbench, you can save it to file using the XML Saver for example.

In NetWeaver, you can open the NetWeaver Admin (NWA), then Monitoring > Logs and Traces and select Predefined View "Expert". Display Log file "dev_rfc.trc" to see some trace output.

In SAP, you may start tran SM59 and select RFC > Display Trace from the menu to find some trace output.

Is this what you are looking for?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know in workbench of the XML output method - this is not what I am looking for. I have the XML request and response but I would like to see how MII sends this request and response

From the Netweaver, I did what you suggested but I got an empty page. No logs.

(show view Expert, display log dev_jrfc.trc)

The reason I am asking is that I sent in a BAPI with JCO (BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST ) note: at the end of the BAPI name is an empty space. In workbench when I generate sample, the Rquest and response has BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST_ .

In XML Request it is written <BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST_> and the response is <BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST_--20>. The weird thing is I got the Material list that I required.

So I would like to see what exacly being sent out BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST_ or BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST and what actually the repy I got from ERP BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST or BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST_--20

it could be a bug in MII 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will find the request and response xml that MII has used to communicate with SAP in the link editor when opening the SAp JCo Interface action. It will hold the two nodes Request and Response. If you want to find out what MII actually used, save the contents of those two nodes.

Interesting point is that trailing space in the BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST. Have you entered this name manually, or did you use the Search pattern in the Configuration of the JCo action?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

"You will find the request and response xml that MII has used to communicate with SAP in the link editor when opening the SAp JCo Interface action. It will hold the two nodes Request and Response. If you want to find out what MII actually used, save the contents of those two nodes."

--> I know how to save them

"Interesting point is that trailing space in the BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST. Have you entered this name manually, or did you use the Search pattern in the Configuration of the JCo action?"

--> I enter manually (of course I enter it with empty space)

I am really interested to see the exact call to ERP in Netweaver!. Can you describe the detail how to see the log in Netweaver log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In NetWeaver you can only see some infos in the trc file, for example if something failed (Password wrong ...). You will not see more details about the JCo call.

Best thing you get is the XML in the JCo action. It contains the actual data that the JCo call has used and received.

Have you tried the call without trailing space? Does it clear up your issue with the response BAPI contents?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I have call the Bapi without trailing space. It works.

But the issue "where is this problem" actually located still not be solved. MII problem? BAPI interface problem??

should I report as MII bug ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you send out the BAPI without trailing space, you said it works. The request and response XML show how MII has called SAP and what it received. If the response contains the same name as the request (with suffix), then everything is fine. So if I understand correctly, if the BAPI is called as expected, there is no error.

Concerning this weird effect you have noticed, you may open a ticket to find out some possible background.

Note: I have just tried to enter BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST with a trailing space in a 12.0 system, but I receive a "...function not found" error. This should be the correct behaviour, so might open a ticket.

Michael

Edited by: Michael Otto on Sep 22, 2010 3:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

The requste WITH trailing space also work ! When I look at the Request XML, the BAPI name ist attached with "_" at the end of the BAPI name. And the Respond message also work (I could see the Data that I expected). However the response is with

"--20" at the end of the BAPI name

I will open a bug ticket

regards.

Edited by: Seng Kiang Hoe on Sep 23, 2010 10:25 AM