Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot at deadline monitoring

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've a question about the deadline monitoring function in SAP. I want to create an inspection lot when the batch is about to expire. Here are a couple of assumptions:

- We use batch status management

- inspection type 09 active in material master

- QA07 to trigger inspection.

I don't want to use the next inspection date. So when i run qa07 i set the field batch status change when exp is reached. The batch is set to restricted, mvt 341 is used for this. But how do i create an inspection lot? I already activated mvt 341 in customizing, but nothing happens.

Hope you can help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As long as the batch record is not created far in advance of the actual production date of the material, you can set the inspection interval to be equal to the total shelf life of the material (or reasonably close, if you know there may be a delay between the two events). Use the recurring inspection part of QA07, this will give you a close approximation of an inspection lot at / near batch expiration...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have also used UD follow up actions that check the next inspection date and the expiration date vales and modify them at the time of the UD according to whatever the plant wants. SAP also also provides user exit QEVA0003 which can be used to provide your own logic to calculating a next inspection date when you process an 09 inspection lot. That might also come in handy.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In QA07 after entered the material number, you have to enter the Initial run in days (opening period is calculated using the initial run in days) and select the radio button (Lot creation only or to inspection stock at lot creation) and excuete the tracsaction if the batchs inside the opening period material will create the inspection lot.

Use the t-code QA05 for background job planning.

Regards,

Vairavan.P

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't want to use the next inspection date field in the batch record. The radio button you describe checks the next inspection date. If the field next inspection date in the batch is empty the system will not do anything.

I use have the shelf life in the batch record. Therefore i can only use the fields in batch status change (initial run in days and check box Block batch) in transaction QA07. This will only cause a status change in the batch (unrestricted --> restricted), but it doesn't create an inspection lot. And i need the inspection lot, without the next inspection date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I miss understood the scenario.I think after SLED reached it will be scarp ie., restriced stock.Otherwise it should be consider as next inspection date not as SLED date.

Regards,

Vairavan.P

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Qa07 uses the next inspection date. If you don't want to use that you have to copy the program and have a programmer change the field that is used to the expiration field instead.

FF

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

But if you set the batch to unrestricted mvt 341 is used. Why can't i generate an inspection lot for this movement type?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll check later today but I never had a reason to check to see if a material movement was used when QA07 set the status. You don't have to use a material movement to set the status. You can do it directly in MSC2N and no material document is created. I always assumed that in QA07 the programmer just set the flag in the batch record.

I'm assuming you tested this in QA07 and found material documents indicating the 341 movement was used.

I would have never expected to have the ability to trigger a lot via a material movement in QA07.

FF

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i checked MB51 and a material document is created with mvt 341. If a material document has been created, I assume it should be possible to create a lot...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 341 movement type does not have an inspection lot origin assigned to it in config by SAP. Since SAP did not define an origin, no inspection lots can be created for the movement type. Impossible. You can't modify this without doing a mod to the system.

So I think I'm back to my original proposal where you copy the qao7 program and have the programmer modify this to a Z program. You have the program changed to select batches based on expiration field instead of the next inspection date field.

FF

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Although it's not what i was hoping for

Is there a way to see which movement types are linked to inspection lot origin?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In config: Materials Management > Inventory Management and Physical Inventory>Movement Types-->Copy,Change Movement Types

Select "Movement Type"

Enter in range of movement types to review.

Select a movement type

Click on folder "update control/WM movement types

Double click on any of the lines displayed.

Inspection lot origin field is on the bottom left.

FF

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

I just found the table T156S. It's probably not very smart to update the table directly... I think i've to find another way of working. Thanks for your help.