cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing via SAP/Citrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

One question (first my question on this forum).

I should make a print from a software (.NET implemented) in SAP.

The client where i run this script has not SAP Gui Installed bat have Citrix.

I want to make a print on my printer defined as Local.

You know give me some information about?

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

Davide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

maulik
Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me understand this correctly,

You have .NET application and you want to control printing a form from SAP with data on your local printer?

.NET application connects to the SAP app server through .NET connector provided by SAP. It does not use Citrix.

If you have a LOCL or LOCG printer defined by your basis team, the form will print on your default printer on Windows.

You will require some components of SAPGUI on the machine which is hosting .NET application. I think it is SAPLPD.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/d9/4a91ac51ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

Work with the basis team to help you get that done. Please note you might run into issues when printing barcodes with this method. On occassions, the output from SAP spooled printer & local printer are off a bit.

Citrix also uses a similar concept do a google search with "sap print thin client" to find additional pointers.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have been helpful but I think there is a need for some more details to to understand the problem

In project work where there is the need to manage different network configurations. But i need a Unique solution (unfortunately).

Network conf. A.

in some parts of the territory's people installed a SAP GUI with LOCL or Network Printer.

In this case with SAPLPD we have solved the problem.

Network conf. B.

In other parts of the same territory people Don't have installed SAP GUI but use SAP via Citrix WITH a Network Printer.

Also In this case we have solved the problem (for example uscig JavaConnector end specify the IP address(name of the Printer).

Network conf. C.

In another part of territory people Don't have installed SAP GUI, use SAP via Citrix and DON'T have a Network Printer but have o LOCL printer.

This is the case that, with a technical Correct solution, i can solve (this is my hope) all 3 cases (A,B,C).

you have any suggestions?

maulik
Contributor
0 Kudos

lookup Thinprint, http://www.thinprint.com/ will solve your problem for the 3rd Option.

That's how we have done at our end.