cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between two documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a requirement where we have to link two documents (Sales Order and Delivery) after migration.Is it possible to achieve?

Currently there are 2 different systems which handles sales order and delivery in legacy.So we will be migrating Sales Order and delivery seperately. Is it possible to establish the link between the two after migration?

With Regards

Vinu.N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinu,

I suppose that your idea is to migrate open orders and open deliveries.

By experience got, deliveries normally are not migrated. Actually only open orders are migrated.

In order to achive this objective any open delivery (delivery not yet GI) have to be either:

1. closed, performing the posting of the GI (then consequently the delivery have to be invoiced, in norder to close the whole flow);

2. cancelled; for deliveries not yet picked it is easier to perform a deletion of the document. In case the deliveries are already picked, I would advice you to perform a GI as (based on the characteristics of the warehouse MM or WM, centralized or decentralized) cancel the picking can be more difficult.

In case, instead, you mean to migrate all historical data orders and deliveries already closed, I would advise you to store ("freeze") these data in a DB, that can be queried for reporting purpose.

I hope this point of view will be helpful for you.

In case I misunderstood your tread, do not hesitate to contact me back.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion.But there will not be physical link and we can't view in the document flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then dont migrate individually. Anyway I am not sure how you can create deliveries without reference to orders while migrating open deliveries. The ideal approach would be to migrate the orders and create the deliveries for the same through a background mode. This way the sales order would be linked to your delivery and your document flow would also be updated.

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid this is not possible...you'll need a nice developping to link documents coming from different systems...

Regards,

Joan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps, you can develop custom fields in both order and delivery to contain the references.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How can you migrate the deliveries without linking them to the orders in SAP?

Thanks

Indranil