cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication of attributes in diff. languages is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have this huge problem with syndicating attributes

We have a material rep. with a taxonomy containing of 2212 attributes mixed in numeric, text, range, logical

The main language is English.

When I set up a port to syndicate a material XML file with local attrib. lang. it can only be syndicated in English, so eventhoug all multilanguage fields are in local language, the taxonomy attributes are locked to English.

We have raised it with SAP, but did not get an answer we can use so far, so I wondered if somebody in here has found a solution or workaround

I know we can split attributes into languages, but not when they are mixed, only text attributes it seems.

What I do today to solve this situation is the following:

1. log into the local language in syndicator

2. File > New

3. select the port

4. u201Cexecute syndicationu201D

Thatu2019s all I do, but itu2019s manual.

Is there a way to automate this u201Cworkflowu201D via API, Java, Clix, or PI ?

All ports, PI and channels to legacy web portal are in place, I just need to trigger the port in the right language.

MDM 7.01.03.53

/Kurt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

As per SAP Note 1293288 - Export attributes name in different languages, This issue should be fixed in MDM 7.1.

Since now we can use Split Multi-lingual Property to get attribute values in all languages, I mean In Iteam Mapping, Under node Taxonomy (Individual Attributes), you would have all the Attributes name, right click here on attribute-->Split Multi-lingual Field.

You will have all the Attributes with appended languages, here map corresponding Attributes language with target fields. In this way you can syndicate Attributes in different langauage. I am using MDM 7.1 SP04 build (7.1.04.142). This is working fine at my end.

As you are using build 7.01.03.53, i think it may be possible it has bug and that's why you are not able to syndicate attribute in different languages. Please refer similar thread problem with Build (7.1.03.53)

So I would suggest you to upgrade your MDM Server either to MDM 7.1 SP05 or SP04. It will work for you.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

As per your above message, you are able to split the Taxonomy table(ndividual attributes). In this case I can split only text attributes using Split Multi-lingual Field --> By Language.But I am not able to split numeric attributes. Even though If I split attributes of Taxonomy table(Individual attributes) then I can't map them to my target structure(Name and Value fileds of Taxonomy table with repeatable node option).

Can you please check and let me know whether you are able to split the Taxonomy(all attributes) table using Split Multi-lingual Field --> By Language in SP04 version.

If it is possible in SP04 version then we can look for option of upgrading from SP03 to SP04.

Thanks,

RDNPrasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RDNPrasad,

But I am not able to split numeric attributes

Firstly, why there is need to split Attributes of Type Numeric as Numeric number does not reflect any language. I mean it is meaningful only if it is Text. I checked Attributes of Type Numeric can't be Split. So as such there is no need to upgrade if you are able to split Attributes of Type Text.

On the other hand, if you still feel that you need more than 1 attribute of Type Numeric to map with all the Target Attributes Languages of Type Numeric. You can use this as a workaround, You can right click on your Attribute of Type Numeric-->Clone Source Item. As per your languages say if you are maintaining 7 languages you can Clone this Attribute of Type Numeric 7 times and thus can map these Clone Attributes (7) of Type Numeric with corresponding Target Attribute of Type Numeric with all languages.

Kindly revert if you need any other input.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I need to send the name of the numeric attribute in specific language. If I have primary language as English then I want to send the Norwegian language Attribute name. Because I have maintained attribute names in Norwegian language also.

The attribute names are not same in both Norwegian and English layers. So in this case I need Norwegian attribute names in Norwegian. I agree the values of numeric attributes are same in all languages.

Please let me know If you have come across this above situation.

Thanks,

RDNPrasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RDNPrasad,

The attribute names are not same in both Norwegian and English layers. So in this case I need Norwegian attribute names in Norwegian.

Here I want to add that Attribute name is nothing but just like Field name, if it is carrying the same values as you said I agree the values of numeric attributes are same in all languages. I mean if you want Attribute name in Norwegian it does not matter what Source attribute Name you map whether its in English or Norwegian as here your Target Structure Attribute name really matters. So in this case you should give Attributes name at Target Side in all languages (English, Norwegian) etc and for source you can map clone Attribute fields as i said in my above post. Further as you said, Because I have maintained attribute names in Norwegian language also So similarly you need to maintain attribute names in Norwegian language (and all other languages) in Target structure along with English language and when you get this file from MDM, thus will have attributes name in all languages. So you need to give attribute name in all languages at target side(Destination Items).

e.g. I have two Attributes of Type Numeric languages Eng and Norwegian maintained in MDM.

InMDM TagetStructure

Color--

Should map with>Target Attribute Name Color

Color(Clone)-Should map with -->Target Attribute name Farge , So in this way you will have required Attribute name in different languages with same values as Values would be remain same as it is Numeric.

suppose even if you get Attribute name of Type Numeric somehow Split, does it really matters..?

InMDM TargetStructure

Color--> Color

Farge-->Color , So here you getting Attribute name in English language though you have MDM Attributes name available in both languages. So please try to understand since all in all what matters the attribute Values. For Type Text , you can get Attribute values in different language using Split Multi-lingual and for Numeric you can use Clone or not need at all since values will remain same. So if you want Attribute name in all languages then it should be Target Side(Destination Item) and for Values in different languages it matters at source side(MDM side). I hope you got my point.

Kindly revert if you still have doubts else can mark thread as answered.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini