cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with database space after archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am working on FI_DOCUMNT archiving. Now I have done all the work and process for arching it. Now as per concept, after archiving and deletion steps for the object, free space in the database must be increased. But when I check it by using DB02, I am getting the unfavourable output. Before archiving the free space available was 6% and now it is 4%. Also I am doing it on my quality server, so there is no uploading of data. I am not able to understand why it is happening. I have done reorganization of relevant tables by using BRTOOLS.

Please help me to sort out this issue.

With regards

Virender Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if there was any data deleted at all? For example table BSIS, how man rows did it have before archiving and after? You can still find out, when looking at the logfile of the db stats run:

BR0884I Statistics collected for table: SAPSR3.BSIS, rows old/new: 158227/158227

Also compare the table size before the reorg with brtools and after. You can still compare it in DB02, in segment details, you see the actual size and in the history you see the size before reorg.

Cheers

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now as per concept, after archiving and deletion steps for the object, free space in the database must be increased

As said before space won't be reclaimed back until the DB is reorganized

before archiving the free space available was 6% and now it is 4%

Its natural that DB size increases as you are probably creating infostrutures for those archived objects.

I have reorganize the relevant tables

There must be something missing then, maybe the deletion was not done, check the deletion jobs in SARA

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Dear Juan,

I have not yet created any infostructure for this data. But again if I create and it takes space more space than unarchived data, than archiving will not satisfy our moto.

I have already done reorganization for all relevant tables after completing deletion job.

Please suggest me what shall I do now.

With regards

Virender Sharma

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked if the deletion job run correctly?.... how many objects were removed?... Did you check SARA to see all jobs finish properly?

Also, I usually do a full reorg of the tablespace rather than just the tables (personal choice)... you can use the info on SAP Note 400241 for info on reorganization.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan

Thanks for your reply. I have deleted all archived data file successfully with the help of t-code SARA and all the jobs have finished successfully.

Also Now I am looking for complete reorganization, but the note suggested doesn't seem relavent.

Note 400241 - Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle

Please check and revert me whether am I right or not.

With regards

Virender Sharma

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, thats what happen when you trust your memory... Note is 646681

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to re-organize your database then it will free up more space.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vamshi

Thanks for your reply. I have reorganize the relevant tables. This list I got from DB15 for the archiving object FI_DOCUMNT. Can you suggest me what are the table need to be reorganize from database.

With regards

Virender Sharma