Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error XPRA_EXECUTION - ORA-01693: max # extents (505) reached lob segment

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m facing with an error during phase XPRA_EXECUTION while an importing support packages (Stack 18) in SAP ECC 6.0 (with Oracle 10.2 / Win 2003). When I checked the import log I see there was a problem with a job RDDEXECL. In job details it say that was an error... and when I checked ST22 and SM21 I see there some weird things/errors...

The transaction ST22 show this:

DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR
CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

Database error text........: "ORA-01693: max # extents (505) reached in lob segment SAPR3.SYS_LOB0000143075C00005$$" Internal call code.........: "[RSQL/178/FPLAYOUTT ]"

And tcode SM21 display a lot of errors with this description:

Database error 1693 at UPD access to table FPLAYOUTT     
> ORA-01693: max # extents (505) reached in lob segment  
> SAPR3.SYS_LOB0000143075C00005$$                        
Run-time error "DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR" occurred            
> Short dump "100921 232226 beja015_DEV_00 DDIC " created
Transaction Canceled 00 671 ( DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR )

So.. I search this error "ORA-01693: max # extents (505)" and I found note 533455 (Terminations due to higher number of extents) which contain some information about ORA-01693... and it seems to me that are a problem maybe with table FPLAYOUTT because I guess something is not well in definition of MAXEXTENTS or LOBS (I don´t know)...

Can you help me please... I don´t understand what are MAXEXTENTS and if this is in fact the problem, how can I solve this situation... I´m not an Oracle expert... can you guide me please which actions I should do to correct this issue!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see that you also asked the same question at http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/error-xpra_execution-ora01693-max-ext...

have you read responses from there too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue has been discussed in the [SAP Note 533455 - Terminations due to higher number of extents|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=533455] and the resolution steps are also available.

Hope this will fix ur issue.

Good Luck!!!

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the typo in the last post :

The correct SQL statement is :

alter table SAPR3.SYS_LOB0000143075C00005$$ storage ( maxextents UNLIMITED) ;

Thanks

Rishi

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi Das,

I solved this situation through two SQL plus commands...

The error in ST22 and SM21 described that LOB tried to extend past maxextents and failed.

First what I did was find out which table and column it was associated to this LOB Segment and for this a type the SQL code:

SELECT TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME FROM DBA_LOBS WHERE SEGMENT_NAME = '<lob>';

SQL> select table_name, column_name from dba_lobs where segment_name = 'SYS_LOB0000143075C00005$$';

TABLE_NAME
---------------------------------
COLUMN_NAME
---------------------------------
FPLAYOUTT
LAYOUT

So after this result I insert the new value for MAXEXTENTS to this TABLE with the following SQL command:

ALTER TABLE <tab> MODIFY LOB (<col>) (STORAGE (MAXEXTENTS <new>));

SQL> ALTER TABLE SAPR3.FPLAYOUTT MODIFY LOB (LAYOUT) (STORAGE (MAXEXTENDS unlimited));

Table altered.

So thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Seems the max extents has been reached for the particular segment.

You can set the max extents to Unlimited so that this problem never happens with this segment. Use below sql command

sql>alter table <table-name> storage (maxextents 500) ;

Thanks

Rishi

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Joas,

you can use "/$SYNC" to reset buffer Error RSDODSO" in the log

execute above /$SYNC command and continue patching.

also check this note 610640

Regards,