cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File - Save - File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently doing a scenario in which a File comes from the Sender. It needs to be saved in some directory in XI. Now XI will send it to the receiving system. There is no mapping involved. The file is to be FTPed

How can this be done?

If I create a single DT and MT, how many Message Interfaces will be there. Also at the Configuration part how many Receiver and sender agreements should be made..

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use XI as a mere FTP service, take a look at this blog,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Also, in your Sender File adapter, you have an option called ARCHIVE in file processing , which will move the File from one folder to another folder .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link.

Sorry but I forgot to mention that I need to change the name of the file. And this new file will be FTPed to the receiver. But in XI Adapter, the incoming file can only be archived. This is the issue im facing.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

see this thread........for dynamic filenames...

sekhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This blog talks of using the File Adapter as an FTP service without doing any mapping etc,

Did you see it? Should solve your problem,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way you could do this, is to place the file in a directory, say D1.

Once it reaches here, have a shell script which will change the name of the file, and put in the directory, say D2, from which the file adapter will poll for the file.

Regards,

Smitha.

Message was edited by: Smitha Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought abt that...

But the thing is that XI picks the file frm the sender. So if we use XI to pick the file and place the file in dir D1, how can XI rename the file and save it? I mean how will all these get triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in total what i need is - get the filename, rename it, send to output and save it - within XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

File(Name1) -> XI(save as file with Name1) -> File(Name2)

Select "Use Temporary File" option if you want it to be saved in one particular place before sending it. You can perhaps run an OS command to pick the file from this temporary folder and place it in whichever folder you want.

File(Name1) -> XI(save as file with Name2) -> File(Name2)

You can use the Temporary File Name Schema if you want to change the file name before saving it.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to run the file at the OS level.

So we are not expecting XI to run this shell script but the OS to run this script.

Schecdule this shell script to run every 5 or 10 mins depending on the business requirement.

When this script is run, the files in this directory D1 will be copied from that place, name changed(timestamp added, for example) and placed in the diretory where the XI will poll for these files.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

HEere is what you want to do:

<i>- get the filename, rename it, send to output and save it - within XI</i>

1. get the filename

This can be done using Adapter specific identifier in File adapter.

2. rename it, send to output and save it - within XI

If you want to rename the file and save it on XI server then you need to to write your Adapter module and rename the file and keep it on XI server at the same time send it to the receiver system

OR

if you just need to rename the file to keep it on the destination then you can do the same by accessing the adapter specific property in Message Mapping and then rename the file and post it to reciever at the same time in the sender adapter archive the file.

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (0)