cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making An OVS-Enabled Input Field Read-Only

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an OVS-enabled input field where I don't want the user to enter anything into the field. I want him/her to always use the input help. Normally, I would use a dropdown, but the number of possible values prohibits it. The OVS will actually ask the user to specify a free-form filter first before showing possible results, so I can't even split this up into 2 dropdowns where the selection of the first dropdown reduces the list in the second dropdown.

I tried turning on the "Read-only" attribute, but then the search help is also disabled.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Manny Pacheco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestions.

Chinnu, I tried both read-only and enabled - neither worked.

Sumit, I did not try your suggestion, although it would be interesting to see if it works...

I actually found someting within our own project here that is similar to Manas' suggestion. Luckily, it was already implemented in another WebDynpro, so I only had to copy-and-paste most of it. We basically made the input field read only and added a button with just the ICON_VALUE_HELP icon, so it looks very similar to the standard value help.

Thanks again,

Manny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manny Pacheco,

Did you try disabling the field instead of making it readonly?

Best regards,

Chinnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a weird suggestion , please try if it works:

In the 'Apply Result ' phase that is phase 3 of the OVS just set a flag if the event id = your input field id otherwise show an error popup window on click of your 'Save/Submit' button if the flag is not set

I guess doing this will atleast make sure that the user has used OVS once on that field.

But, a better design would be ti use dropdown.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my suggestion:

Make Input Field Read Only, remove the OVS seach help.

Create a Button next to input field and label it as 'Set Value' or anything as per your scenario.

On the click of this button you can invoke the code to let user select the value from a dialog box ( pop up ) and then bind the selcted value to the attribute bound to input field.

Regards

Manas Dua