cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are using the BOP functionality in APO, and everything is working fine except for one thing. Say we have three order types which are are already in Back order. When we run the Back order process, we see that even that the order type 1 is the most important based on our filter and sort is the only one that is not getting the new stock available. We are seeing that only this type of sales order, APO is not placing the new stock, all other order types, get their stock as soon as it is available.

Do you guys know why only one type of sales order could not be updated?

thank you guys.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

D,

I have never heard of 'order type 1'. To which order type are you referring? What are the three order types?

Filters play no direct function in prioritization. Filters only permit the inclusion or exclusion of objects. When you view the BOP results, are your 'order type 1' orders displayed? If not, then your filter is excluding them.

Let us assume for the moment that your 'order type 1' orders are appearing in the BOP results. You say they are not being updated. Does the BOP suggest that they should be updated (arrow up/arrow down, green light, what are your results for these orders?) For those orders which BOP wishes to change, are an/all of them being transmitted back to ERP?

Do you have any stuck queues?

Are you using RBA? If so, have you assigned a rule strategy for BOP?

Can you manually update the orders by performing an ATP in ERP?

Do you have any Temporary quantity assignments that might be interfering?

Have you run SDRQCR21 in ERP, and /SAPAPO/SDRQCR21 in APO?

Is it possible that allocation is excluding the orders?

What do your ATP logs say?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you DB49 for your answer as always.

Let me explain better our situation:

I used the "order type 1" just to say that we have right now different types of orders, so for instance, we have order type "ZKA", "ZKB" and " ZKC". So in our example, we have back orders for all these types of orders, being ZKA our more important order based on our filters and sort. Our problem is that we can see all three orders in our worklist, with the right order (ZKA being the first) but, APO will not suggest that order type ZKA should be updated, even though there is enough stock now. For all other two orders, APO does suggest to update the orders.

So, our problem is not communication to ECC, our problem is that APO will not suggest to update only this type of order. If we do ATP check manually in ECC for this ZKA orders, everything works fine (With RBA on place).

Thank you again for all your help in this issue.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

You are silent on the other questions I asked. Can you pls take a moment to review and answer? I don't know your level of expertise, so if the questions are confusing, please come back and I will try to illuminate.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

Thank you again for your interest and help. These are the answers:

Do you have any stuck queues? No, we don´t

Are you using RBA? If so, have you assigned a rule strategy for BOP? Yes, we are using RBA.

Can you manually update the orders by performing an ATP in ERP? Yes, and the RBA is working fine.

Do you have any Temporary quantity assignments that might be interfering? Do not know

Have you run SDRQCR21 in ERP, and /SAPAPO/SDRQCR21 in APO? Yes, apparently no problems

Is it possible that allocation is excluding the orders? I don´t think so

What do your ATP logs say? How do I check this?

Thanks Again!

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

have you assigned a rule strategy for BOP?

Review this setting at IMG > APO > GATP > RBA > Assign rule strategy or rule strategy sequence. Technical Scenario EE is for BOP. Generally, if you want similar results to the online atp, the entries in this row should be the same as AA (online processing). If EE doesn't exist, create it as a copy of AA to start.

Do you have any Temporary quantity assignments that might be interfering?

This is probably not the problem, since online atp is working ok. However, you can review your temporary quantities in /SAPAPO/AC06. There is no hard and fast rule, other than any superfluous TQAs should be deleted. In most companies, older TQAs are deleted every day. Make sure you select all four Product availability types, select an appropriate date range, strike out the username, and execute. Select the ones that you think are superfluous and delete them.

Is it possible that allocation is excluding the orders?

this is probably not the problem, since online atp is working. Are you using allocation?

What do your ATP logs say

Review ATP logs in /SAPAPO/ATPLOG_DISP. If you have no logs, you probably need to create an entry in /SAPAPO/ATPLOG. Look for entries with BOP. It would be nice if you found any 'red' items since that would indicate a configuration or program error. However, greens can be informative too.

Although you didn't ask, here is a nice doc for bedtime reading. It might give you some additional insights if the above steps don't help.

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700007382482002E

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)