cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Input required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need your functional inputs on one of the client requirement.

They want to do cost planning for project components at the time of bidding / quotation stage.

At this time, they dont have even created material master so we cant assign material to activity (which brings standard price as plan cost for activity which rolled upto WBS)

If this is done with any other method (activity element - cost, manual planning in CJ40 or Easy cost planning for WBS Element) and when at later stage material master is created with standard price and attached to activity, plan cost will be approximately doubled.

Because plan cost for that particular activity will be addition of cost planning done earlier and standard price of material.

How to tackle this situation.

Request you to kindly provide inputs / best practices based on your experience.

Thanks in advance

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest two methods:-

1. cost element planning for WBSE - CJR2. and make in different version other than 0. So that once you create material master and you can do network planning in '0' version. You can compare both planning at later stage.

2. Network costing - You can carryout network costing even if you dont have material master, there is a field called materila planning in assignment tab of network activity, so you can enter the value of material which you will be using. Later if you start adding material to the activity that value will get reduced automatically so that your project planned cost is not affected.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parimal

As suggested byAhmed, you can use network costing

2. Network costing - You can carryout network costing even if you dont have material master, there is a field called materila planning in assignment tab of network activity, so you can enter the value of material which you will be using. Later if you start adding material to the activity that value will get reduced automatically so that your project planned cost is not affected.

Before you start posting actuals, you can copy the version 0 to other version(s), using CJ9FS/ CJ9F.

This way you can still compare your initial planned values & latest planned values.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed and Amaresh

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I could able to solve a problem with material Plan cost field in network activities.

Marks rewarded to your answers.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parimal,

There is no standard functionality to ignore certain costs at specified planning stage. Generally the double costs (system never knows, if it is doubled or not) has to removed manually. Alternative is use different costing object (e.g. project simulation) or different co versions (e.g. ECP in multiple versions) .

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend you to use planinng cost versions for the same. create new planning version as 'quoted' and do the cost element level planning in CJR2. After your project design is ready, you can get automatically calculated planned costs in version 0. You can always compare these two versions throughout lifecycle of the project.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for replies.

Planning costs in versions seems to be helpful. Even I had the same thing in mind.

But just one question that suppose I create project in version 1 (not zero version) and planned costs.

In my project cost planning is done in several ways like

Work center wise activity cost plan

General cost activities / activity elements

CJ40 (with primary cost element and also secondary cost elements, not overall planning) etc.

Easy cost planning

Here as suggested by you, I wont add materials instead I will plan their cost using either CJ40 (cost element planning) or CJR2 or Easy cost planning.

At later stage when I will create project (in version 0) by copying this (from version 1), will all planned costs also get copied. If no, then I will have to repeat whole exercise and if yes, after material addition, it will be duplication.

Request you to kindly provide inputs on same. Also clarify if my understanding is right wrt cost planning by version.

Awaiing for your replies.

Thank you

Parimal

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when I will create project (in version 0) by copying this (from version 1), will all planned costs also get copied.

What you mean by creating project in version 1 and version 0?

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parimal, Some of your doubts are quite basic. I reqeust you to read SAP Help cost planning. PS objectss is not version depenndent only cost planning is version dependent.

With Regards

Nitin P.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use easy cost planning or with any other planning CJ40 / CJR2 you can does the same with diff. version.

With Regards

Nitin P.