cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting NWDI DCs to Local DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've few development components (mostly web dynpro java) developed in NWDI track. I need to use these DCs at a customer place. As the customer has not implemented NWDI yet (and is not ready to do it now), I want to convert the NWDI dcs to local DCs. Is it possible to convert them from NWDI to local DCs? If yes, how do I do that?

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_henke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could try to simply move the DCs to a local Development Configuration in the Component Browser. Moving DCs between Dev Configs should be supported in the context menu. Another option would be to export the whole SC from the NWDI Dev Config (using the context menu in the Component Browser) and import it afterwards into the local Dev Config.

Best regards,

Stefan

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

It will better to working DC's with NWDI for later maintainace.

If you still want to convert NWDI DC to Local DC then please try to below will helps :-

- Export the DC from NWDI DC from NWDS

- Change the NWDI DC track name in Exported DC as LocalDevelopment<DC NAME leave unchanged><Package leave unchanged>

- Change the .Project file NAME tag <name>LocalDevelopment<DC NAME leave unchanged><Package leave unchanged></name>

- Then import the modifying DC in NWDS as File >> Import >> Existing Project into Workspace.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

perhaps you can make a try to go for a reversed version of the approach:

Best Regards,

Ervin