Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM RSUSR010 does not return completed list of t-code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a problem using SUIM.

1. running for Transactions -> Executable fro role (RSUSR10)

The result does not match the list of S_TCODE of PFCG. I checked the OSS note and applied 1283691. After that, the result got worse as the result is even less than before.

My system is R/3 enterprinse SAP_BASIS SAPKB62065

If anyone find other useful note and fix the problem, please kindly provide me the right OSS notes.

Many thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe this report only looks in the role menus. (Not sure and just shut down my system.)

If you select "roles by authorization values" and enter S_TCODE as the object in the selection screen you'll get more accurate results. That one even parses wildcards and ranges. I distrust the "executable for" reports. Just don't knmow which ones are fixed and at which version.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Since I am Basis person, so i am required to find a solution to anything :). I might apply all the notes and see what happened.

0 Kudos

> Since I am Basis person, so i am required to find a solution to anything :).

Oh dear. With SAP you'll learn not to promise too much Just read the note and that suggests this report evaluates the proper data. Can you describe the inconsistencies a bit more accurate?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I never promised anything, but was required to find some solutions. I just wanted to try my best.

Here is the thing. The suim report does not return the t-codes shows in Menu tab. Not these custom Z* t-code, but these standard t-code. I am a Basis person, yet was trying to learn some security work as well as i think it's a quite good experience for me.

We are deining the QM roles. One inspect role contains QA03, QA13, QA33, QDL2, QE02, QE03. It was created in PFCG. We just want to use SUIM to compare the t-codes to the requriement doc making sure no any missing roles. It scared me a bit when I ran SUIM as they were missing. Then I went back to pfcg and found out they were there.

So i searched OSS notes and applied one. But this note made the SUIM even worse

0 Kudos

> I never promised anything, but was required to find some solutions. I just wanted to try my best.

Nothing wrong with that. No offense meant in the 'promise' remark.

> So i searched OSS notes and applied one. But this note made the SUIM even worse 😞

Are you sure the profile is properly generated? Green trafficlight on authorizations tab in PFCG.

If so, better go for the "authorizations value" reports. I only use those as they reveal the actual authorizations and that is always more relevant than the menu contents.

I do not have a proper solution for your original problem. You may want to report that top SAP.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi,

I really appreciated your response. You also taught me a bit of how to be a good consultant :). Thanks for that, really.

And yes, all the roles are green on authoriztion tab. I always try to make sure all tabs are green on PFCG. I might need to sumbit a ticket for SAP.

Thanks again.

p.s I found you on linkedin, but you are not in my group though. I will try to link you in

0 Kudos

Hi Lillian,

the solution for the miracle shall be, that searching for transactions executable with role the result may differ from assigned t-code anhd S_TCODE-values.

RSUSR010 (S_BCE_68002041) lists only transactions, which really can be executed with that role. So not only S_TCODE is necessary, but also the prerequisites for execution (is the TX valid (TSTC), is it locked (SM01), additional authorizations necessary (SE93/TSTCA)) are checked. Especially the last point is oftne a trap. For instance for the t-code QA03 you'll need as per SE93-definition Q_TCODE with TCD = QA03 .

A simple countercheck is to create a test user, assign only that role , log on and try to start the assigned t-codes. If oyu fail, the result of rsusr010 is correct.

b.rgds, Bernhard

EDIT: sorry, my mistake: it is not checked, if the t-code is locked in SM01....

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Sep 22, 2010 10:54 AM

0 Kudos

That's an eye-opener!

It's a pity the documentation on SAPhelp http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/8e/448450771c4544aad54321ddaff2e4/frameset.htm is as short as it is.

I've always distrusted this report and it now turns out I didn't really know enought about it's inner workings. I suspect that goes for quite a lot of us.

0 Kudos

pls review my last reply, I just have entered an update (at 'EDIT').

Well in the link to the online help there is a further link to 'Authorization Checks', which give mor info, but also on the selection screen of rsusr010 there is an 'Info'-Button with some information. But I agree, that the available information is not too comprehensive.... Obviously SAP trusted in the Report titel to be self explanatory....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. I did a test on that role only, and YES, these t-codes failed. But when i check both TSTC and TSTCA for both QA03, both are there. How can i tell what's wrong and how to correct it so that these t-codes can be executable?

0 Kudos

Building proper roles is not as simple as "satisfying" this report. I suggest you sit together with someone who needs the role, someone who can tell you whether it functions in the desired manner or not by testing and tweaking together. Reports are never a substitute for that.

As intriguing as your question in the beginning was, you're now heading towards a slippery slope Building and finetuning ABAP roles is considered basic knowledge in this forum. Questions on how to do that are discouraged here as the forum is no substitute for training. Once again, no offence meant. A hint to get you underway: explore ST01 and/or search the forum on its use for determining actual authorization needs.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry about that. I do not mean to ask all these entry level questions as i thought it might be something tricky. I did a test on my own and finally figure out the problem. It's all about SU24.

These t-code has Q_TCODE check on SU24, but they are not be manually take away by someone in the team. And that's why it does not show on SUIM report. A standard procedure might be considered in the way how to create a role.

Thanks all of your help, I really learnd a lot.

0 Kudos

> A standard procedure might be considered in the way how to create a role.

Basically it al depends on maintenance in SU24. If that is properly set up for your installation/company, building roles should be reasonably straightforward from the moment you have entered the neccesary transactions in the menu. The better you are able to maintain the proposal values in SU24, the fewer yellow trafficlights you see when you go into the authorizations tab.

Editiing proposals in SU24 is really an experience thing. Once you've found out which objects always are missing, come with wrong proposal values or do not belong with a certain transaction in your security set up you can amend SU24 settings accordingly.

Jurjen