cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused about how to transport and then configure a service in qa and prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

Today I created my 1st web service in SE80 based on an already existing and RFC capable function module. The web service creation wizard went pretty slick. I've choosen basic authentication without any secured communication (no SSL, no certificates). The web service will only be consumed by an internal application.

In SICF my service was added in default_host -> sap -> bc -> srt -> rfc -> sap -> z_ca_qb_set_doc_link -> 100 -> z_ca_qb_set_doc_link -> z_ca_qb_set_doc_link

In SOAMANAGER the service is there, endpoint is there, looks fine.

Above descriptions apply to DEV system only!

Now I've transported my function module (plus whatever else was registered in my transport too) to QA system.

In QA system:

- I can't find the SICF service

- in SOAMANAGER I can find the design time object (z_ca_qb_set_doc_link) but no configuration at all

In other threads it is mentioned that one has to add an endpoint in each system / client manually to make the web service appear in SICF. But when trying to do this (via SOAMANAGER I have to create a service, the endpoint will be created with it) I can't set the transport type to something without SSL / certificates... I just want HTTP like it was created in DEV.

Additionally I can't save this configuration. I get:

SRT Framework Ausnahme. Die Konfiguration ist ungültig. Ungültige Kardinalität "AuthenticationMethod".

Any ideas what to do? Thanks in advance for any help!

Best regards

Renaud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, set the Transport Guarantee Type to HTTPS and the HTTP authentication method to user id / password. This allowed me to successfully save the configuration and now I can see my web service in SICF of my QA system.

BUT: how to set it like it was generated in DEV? There NO Transport Guarantee Type is set and NO HTTP authentication method is set at all! I can't do it in QA-SICF because it is locked for changes (and that's definitely ok).

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, I can't access my web service at all via HTTPS (and I don't want to access it via HTTPS... simply by HTTP). Right click on the SICF service to test ist doesn't work either. I get:

Message number = SHTTP082 telling something like: "host and port information could not be determined".

rb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there no option for Transport Guarantee Type - No Transport Guarantee?

Also you can use Soap UI to test your web service. Its a good tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

Thanks for you reply!

Can't see / find an option to set transport guarantee type to "no transport guarantee"... it seems that this is only possible when a web service is created through SE80 for an already existing function module. Our web application servers DEV, QA, PROD are not configured for HTTPS (no HTTPS service as per SMICM) and we don't need it.

But because of this we can't call / use our web service on QA and/or PROD system... the web application server simply doesn't respond to HTTPS requests and the other way around responds to HTTP requests but then fails because of the web service being configured to require HTTPS...

SOAP UI is located in SOAMANAGER and there called "Web-Service-Navigator", right?

Would it be possible to "copy" the service tree of our web service in SIFC (in DEV system) and then to transport the copy/transport it to QA (we have several QA clients and need to do some tests in clients not equal to the one in DEV)? Tried to transport a SICF-Service but can't find any option to put it in a transport... any ideas?

Thanks and best regards

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can transport ICF service to QA, just like any other ABAP objects.

In SOAMANAGER when you are creating service/endpoint, just provide: (under tab "Provider Security")

Communication security = none (if you don't find "none" option then select SSL over HTTP but then you must configure SSL)

Authentication method = user id/password and do not change anything.

Then finally save.

It should work. Search SDN for how to transport SICF service.

>SOAP UI is located in SOAMANAGER and there called "Web-Service-Navigator", right?

No, SOAP UI is standalone tool you can download from internet.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it!

The web service configuration settings in SE80 had the profile set to "medium". I had to set it to "low". Now the "no transport guarantee" option is available!

Thanks to all

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good!

Please mark this thread as answered so that others can find solution easily while searching.

Regards,

Gourav