cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Other SLDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two NW 7.11 system. I want to transport technical and business system definitions from SLD to another's SLD. I have added the URL, username and password in Administration -> data supplier/Update Other SLDs but it wasnt updated.

What could be missing in my configuration?

Kind regards,

Altuğ Bayram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using CTS+ to move these from one system to another? This forum entry might be helpful (it discusses moving updates up from a DEV SLD: [SLD Bridge Configuration|http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-netweaver-l/sld-bridge-configuration-3041549]

Hope that is helpful.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for answer.

I will not transport SLD Content (Product, Software Component Version etc...). I want only update other SLD with Technical System definitions. It shouldnt require transport system.

This is only about update Central SLD with local SLD.

The referred site requires signup with a photo. I dont want to do it. I prefer to find the answer in SDN.

Kind regards,

Altuğ Bayram

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand, you need your Central SLD to know about your local SLD as a technical system? if that is the scenario

You need to login into your local SLD ( ABAP system) execute RZ70 transaction. Specify the Central SLD as your SLD Bridge system (by providing relevant details, gateway service etc) and schedule data push jobs in your local SLD by accepting the default proposal.

If your local SLD is on AS ABAP have a look at the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/b7ba48e2c0356be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

if your local SLD is on AS Java only system have a look at the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/b681ed96655295e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not correct. I have two PI systems (PI Dev and PI QA). They have local SLDs. I have populated Dev SLD from Application Systems (execute RZ70 etc...). I have created related business system definitions with the technical systems.

When the PI QA system is installed, i need to transport the technical and business system definitions to PI QA. I have setup the SLD data supplier to update QA SLD from Dev SLD. It didnt work until i have triggered RZ70 from an application system. But it only snchronized technical systems.

At this stage i have decided to configure bi-directional SLD Content Synchronization. All definitions was snchronized in both system (PI Dev SLD and PI QA SLD). Through this way i have solved the issue.

The SLD Data Supplier is not syncronizing if the definition is created manually. Thats way we need to user SLD Content Synchronization.

Kind regards,

Altuğ Bayram

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

Nice to hear that the problem is resolved. The solution changes based on what information is provided. Next time, please provide as much information as you can, provide what you have with you, provide what options you have tried and finally also provide what is the error log or issue in as much detail as possible.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (0)