cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent Intercompany invoice for a specific material type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my customer has some material of material type ZCNS that should not be selected for intercompany billing.

For this reason, I have created a specific item category (ZCNS). I have not added it in the copy control "Delivery -> Billing Document" (IMG=> SD => Billing => Billing Doc => Maintain Copy Control for Billing Document).

This indeed prevents the Intercompany invoicing (because of error message).

However, the delivery remains open and in the billing due list (VF04).

I am considering to use a user exit to set the delivery fields VBUP-FKIVP and VBUK-FKIVK to 'C' or ' '.

Before doing so, I want to check with you if you would have any better idea.

Thank you in advance for any thought and kind regards,

Didier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your case you are preventing the billing by not putting the copy control for a specific item category between the delivery and the intercompany invoice. But again in this case also you have to post a goods issue to go to the process of creation of the invoice. In the system what it effectively means is that you are doing goods issue (goods have flowed out of the system, your cost of sales has gone up) but not the invoicing. As a result the delivery would always be shown in the invoice due list and you cannot create the invoice also because of the customizing. Is there any way in which you can identify if the customer (sold to) is an intercompany customer in the sales order level itself?

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually, the situation is like this

Customer orders at my DE sales org. which will create a sales order with delivery plant FR with items like

item 0010 - Material 123 (type FERT)

item 0020 - Material 001 (type ZCNS / item category ZCNS)

then delivery of the 2 items to the customer

then goods issue for the 2 items

then the invoice F2 from DE sales org to the customer for the 2 items

then I would like to have interco invoice from FR to DE for only item 0010. Item with material type (and item category ZCNS). Should not be relevant for interco invoice.

kr,

Didier

Edited by: Didier Querinjean on Sep 21, 2010 9:31 PM

Edited by: Didier Querinjean on Sep 22, 2010 9:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier

The solution in the present format seems a bit half hearted. Ideally you should set up the copy control between the delivery and the interco invoice for ZCNS item category. In the copy control you can specify a copying requirement which will eliminate any ZCNS item category items from the invoice during its creation. This way the particular item would not be displayed in the billing due list and the system would not be compromised with.

Thanks

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you considered billing the ZCNS items, but at a price of zero?

By futzing with the billing copy control you are leaving these items as due for billing, but never billing them.

If you have a zero price for interco tranactions, you will bill the items but without a charge being made on the other company.

HTH

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

eventually I used USEREXIT_SET_STATUS_VBUP from LV50PFZA to set VBUP-FKIVP = SPACE (not relevant for interco)

thanks to all for you help & kidn regards,

Didier