cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI : ABAP ShortDump on Event Listener - Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe this to be the appropriate forum to request advice and help in : however if I should be directing this towards the ABAP development forums please let me know.

We implement an Event Listener into SAPGUI release 710 rev 16, using the SAP GUI Scripting API release 620 documentation. We are using standard COM Event handling methodology in order to set up a sink listening to events on the SAPGUI Application and SAPGUI Sessions.

We are using the Advise() call to ensure SAPGUI sends us its events. We tidy up the session by calling the Unadvise() function on the close of the SAPGUI Session/application.

With two sessions open, we find that SAPGui encounters a ShortDump intermittently. If we do not set up the event listener, this shortdump does not occur at all. At present it is not clear whether this issue also occurs with just a single session open at a time while our listener is running. The Shortdump does not appear to contain any pertinent information as each time the shortdump occurs, it occurs in a different area of the ABAP code.

What could be causing the shortdump to occur? The event handling is implemented as shown in the SAP Scripting API for windows and Java Platforms Release 620 document, although it is using C++ rather than the VBScripting examples noted. Are there any further examples or documentation on implementing these event listeners from a C++ standpoint rather than the VBscript ones detailed in this document?

Many thanks

S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

! Update:

We now replicate this exact same shortdump by only using the SAP sample VBScripting code mentioned in the document : "SAP GUI Scripting API for the Windows and Java Platforms Release 620", ( pages 112 onwards)

Is there an update to SAP Scripting or has anyone else encountered this issue when using the SAP sample code?

What areas should we be reviewing within the SAPGUI application that causes this short dump?

Thanks

S