Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Sub level Charactristic Dependency design

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In our organization we are having various levels of storing documents which are presently being used. I am using Characteristic dependency I will explain briefly below:

1st level : Asset type (Sub Station, Line and Cables)

2.1 level : Sub Station Types (A, B,C,D) (linked to 1st level - Sub Station)

2.2 level : Line Types( L1, L2, L3)( linked to 1st level u2013 line)

3.1 level : Technical types (sub station equp , automation equp)(linked to 2.1 level u2013 A,B)

3.2 level :Line Sub types (circuit 1, circuit 2 )(linked to 2.2 level u2013 L1, L2)

3.1.1 level : Sub station equp types (GIS Details, Civil Details)(linked to 3.1 level - sub station equp)

3.1.2 level: Automation equp types (Protection, DCS Control) (linked to 3.1 level - automation equp)

3.1.1.1 level : GIS Details (G1, G2, G3) (linked to 3.1.1 level u2013 GIS Details)

3.1.1.2 level : Civil Details (linked to 3.1.1 level u2013 Civil Details)

3.1.2.1 level : Protection Types (linked to 3.1.2 level u2013 Protection)

After completing this assignment when I am creating DIR using the class associated with above characteristics, it is not working correctly.

Working correctly :

1st and 2 .1 & 2.2 combination

2.1 and 3.1 combination.

Wrongly showing:

When I am selecting 1, 2.1, 3.1 and 3.1.2 system is showing 3.1.1.1 and 3.1.1.2 and 3.1.2.1 which is wrong.

Can we do the way I am doing. Is it correct ? Is there any better way ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In continuation .....

When I am selecting 1, 2.1, 3.1 and 3.1.2 system is showing 3.1.1.1 and 3.1.1.2 and 3.1.2.1 which is wrong. It should show only 3.1.2.1 and not 3.1.1.1 & 3.1.1.2. Because 3.1.1.1 and 3.1.1.2 are not part of 3.1.2

If this is clear the same way I want to do the big list.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

You have not edited the dependancies properly. Simple Examle : If you want to see B after A then assign dependancy editor to B as "Plant=A". Then B will come only for A. I hope you understood the logic.

For those which are only related to specific assign them the specific characteristics only so that they will not get displayed with other characteristics.

Hope this will resolve the query,

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raindra,

I could able to get initial levels correctly. But when I am going on linking more levels, problem is coming.

Thats what I try to explain in my example.

I think we can do only one or two levels. But going on linking more levels in horizontal and parallel is not possible.

Can you tell me where I am doing wrong in my example ?

I tried with all posiibilities, deleted characteristics and recreated and new dependency defined.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

If it doen't work in standard then go for z-development program. And ask abap'r to display only required values with specific characteristics. Hide others or non-related characteristics with abap progame. for this you may use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE,

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Its evident that the number of classes in your case have become too large to manage easily.For this reason, would propose that you structure the classes hierarchically(using Class Hierarchy concept) to ensure that right sub-classes are assigned to parent class.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for reply.

1. Shall I know where can I get more details on Class hierarchy concept. In this can I use class hierarchy and characteristic dependency both.

2. I also want your opinion for the below thread, where I want to assign 6 to 7 characteristic values for one characteristic as dependency.

Is there any other way without user exit / BADI.

3. We want to have same dependency check in docs search thru CV04N transaction. In CV04N, all characteristics will appear without any dependency check. Can we control in search criteia thru CV04N this ? Even after using class hierarchy does this problem will be solved ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just I want to know what is the difference between characteristic hierarchy and clssification hierarchy ? How can we use in my present scenario ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Suggest you try out the below approach for setting up the class hierarchy.

Create three separate classes namely Sub Station, Line and Cables. Now for each of these classes,setup class hierarchy by creating the respective subordinate classes and assigning the relevant characteristics.

Eg:For class Substation, the hierarchy would look as follows(To view:Environment > Reporting > Class Hierarchy)

Class Substation (assign characteristics)

Class Substation Types (assign characteristics)

Class Technical Types (assign characteristics)

Class Substation Equp Type (assign characteristics) Class Automation Equp Type (assign characteristics)

GIS Details Civil Details (assign characteristics)

Now, this hierarchy can be assigned to a document type wherein you may choose the respective characteristic values for assignment.

Similarly,setup the class hierarchy for Line and Cables and assign them to the respective Document type.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further details on 'Class Hierarchy' in Classification are available on SAP Help portal

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/24/47633a416711d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm];

Regards,

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was waiting for your reply only.

We want to have same dependency check in docs search thru CV04N transaction. In CV04N, all characteristics will appear without any dependency check. Can we control in search criteia thru CV04N this ? Even after using class hierarchy does this problem will be solved ?

I will go thru Class Hierarchy in the mean time.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sai, this problem can be overcome since you have 'Class Hierarchy' setup. In CV04n, the search parameters are 'Class' and 'Class Type', hence once you identify the needed class in the 'Class' parameter, only the associated characteristics will be displayed.

Regards,

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I am little confused. What char and char values to be taken.

I have consudered classes as :

1. Asset Type

2. Sub Station Type

3. Technical Type

4. Sub Station Equipment Type

5. Automation Equipment Type

6. GIS Details

7. Civil Details

Here I want to understand what will be the char anf char values.

I am thinking the following way:

A. char for Asset Type class is : Sub Station, Line and Cables

B. Char for Sub Station Type : A, B,C,D

C. Char for Technical Type: sub station equp , automation equp

D. Char for Sub Station Equipment Type: GIS Details, Civil Details

E. Char for Automation Equipment Type: Protection, DCS Control

F. Char for GIS Details: G1, G2, G3

What about Char values. Here in this there is no char values.

In CL24N I assigned Asset Type class to Sub Station Type and so on. I could able to hierarchy level.

In class CL02, I couldn't see "Environment > Reporting > Class Hierarchy". It is coming grey for me. Does I need to do any thing.

Like Character dependency, can we define Class dependency also.

What I am looking is : 1st only "aseet type" calss will appear nothing else for selection. When I select "susbstation" , then "sub Station type " class should appear. When I slect "technical type" class then only "sub station equp , automation equp" should appear. Other wise no other class should be visible for selection.

It is the same way we do in windows explorer.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I defined Class, char & char values as below:

1. Class: Asset Type; Char: Asset; Char Value: Sub Station, Line, Cable

2. Class : Sub Station; Char: Sub Station; Char Value: A,B,C,D

3. Class: TECH_TYPE; Char: Technical_type; Char Value: SUB_STN_EQUP, AUTO_STN_EQUP

4. Class : SUB_STN_EQUP, Char: SUB_STN_EQUIPMENT_TYPE, char values: GIS, Civil

5. Class: GIS_details; Char: GIS_Details; Char Values: G1, G2, G3

I assigned classes in Cl24N, and showing below le vels

..4 GIS_DETAILS

.3 SUB_STN_EQUP

2 TECH_TYPE1

1 SUB_ST

0 Asset Type

When i am trying to create DIR, there is no change as early when I am doing thru characteristic dependency.

My aim is to get it should not showw all below levels until I select on top. It is the same way we do in windows explorer.

Is it possible or not ?

In class CL02, I couldn't see "Environment > Reporting > Class Hierarchy". It is coming grey for me. Does I need to do any thing.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Post definition of the Class Hierarchy,you also need to define the object dependencies as well(so that they appear in a sequence).

Environment > Reporting > Class Hierarchy

Meant check this in CV02n transaction(DIR to which the class has been assigned).

regards,

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the inputs. Sorry, I didn't understand what u mentioned. Can u explain me detailly.

Post definition of the Class Hierarchy- Where shall post defition. What hierarchy I maintained explained & how it is showing in CL24N, Is it OK.

you also need to define the object dependencies as well(so that they appear in a sequence) - where / how shall I do.

Check this in CV02n transaction(DIR to which the class has been assigned) - Now I made two classes.

1. OM_TECH_CLASS, in which I created only char and defined dependency (as explained in starting of this thread). Assigned to ZEN doc. type.

2. OM_TECH_CLASS1, in which I defined class hierarchy. Assigned to ZE1 Doc. type

I can able to see class hierarchy in CL24N, by going thru menu path, Environment > class hierarchy > Superior/ subordinate > list.

"Environment > Reporting > Class Hierarchy" in which transaction can I see.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As I was told by Administrator, not to create another thread and continue this. SO I re opened.

Now I made all new classes and characteristics other than earlier, so that there is no clash.

I made as per the following :

1. Class: OM_TECH_CLASS1; char : Asset1; char values : Sub Station, Line and Cables

2. Class: SUB_STN; char : SUB_STATION1; Char values: A,B,C,D

3. Class: TECH_TYPE1; Char : PM_TECH_TYPES3; Char values: SUB_STATION_EQUP, UTOMATION_EQUP

4. Class : SUB_STN_EQUP; char: SUB_STN_EQUIPMENT_TYPE1; Char Values : GIS Details, Civil Details

5. Class: GIS_DETAILS ; Char: GIS_DETAILS1; Char Values: G1, G2, G3

6. Class : CIVIL_DETAILS; char: CIVIL_DETAILS1, Char vaues : C1, C2, C3

I assigned class hierarchy and I could see in CL6C as per below details:

1 SUB_STN

.2 TECH_TYPE1

..3 SUB_STN_EQUP

...4 CIVIL_DETAILS

...4 GIS_DETAILS

I could able to see same in CL24N.

I assigned class to new Doc. type ZE1.

When I am trying to create DIR, it is showing only values of 1st class / char i.e. aseet values. After selecting also it is not going further.

I think, we need to do define object dependency, but don't know how to do ? Shall I need to do class dependency or char dependecny. I already did char dependency earlier. I try to create object dependency for class- SUB_STN thru class > extras> object dependencies > actions / procedure (other options are gryed)

I am getting error :

"Syntax error in simple action/procedure (Message no. 28024) "

How to proceed further ? Can you guide me ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Edited by: sai krishna on Sep 26, 2010 10:35 AM

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we use other char dependency like procedure in which we can define two dependency for

00010 SUB_STN_EQUIPMENT_TYPE='400_KV_GIS'

000020 PM_TECH_TYPES2='SUB_STATION_EQUP'

It didn't accept.

Can we use $Parent, $ self and $root. There some syntaxes which we can use like : IN, SPECIFIED. Some where I am reading we can insert our own functional module in dependency, but don't know how to do ? I am saw help.sap.com for Variant configuration also, it is not much useful for us.

I want to go in standard way 1st. Pls. guide me.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I could able to achive this with Characteristic dependency, without class hierarchy. But only problem is I couldn't able to the same way for finding Doc in CV04N.

I used the concept of Variant Configuration. When I am writing syntax for below levels, we should refere all levels above it.

For Example I wrote sysntax for "civil_details" :

000010 $self.SUB_STN_EQUIPMENT_TYPE='CIVIL' and

000020 $parent.PM_TECH_TYPES2='SUB_STATION_EQUP'.

$self should written for immediate and $parent should be choosen for above level to it. If there are multiple parents add them in the below manner :

000010 $SELF.LVAC_DISTRIBUTION_TYPES='415240_VACDB-4341-PD415-A1' and

000020 $self.STATION_AUXILLARY_TYPES='LVAC DISTRIBUTION' and

000030 $parent.SUB_STN_EQUIPMENT_TYPE='STATION_AUXILLARY' and

000040 $PARENT.PM_TECH_TYPES2='SUB_STATION_EQUP'

I am testing the same. I will update accordingly.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I could able to achieve more simple way thru Characteristic dependency.

I am taking simple example. Following is characteristics

1st level : Asset type (Sub Station, Line and Cables)

2.1 level : Sub Station Types (A, B,C,D)

Then write Syntax for 2.1 level sub Station type :

ASSET TYPE SPECIFIED AND ASSET TYPE='Sub Station'

With this In Additional tab of DIR, u will see only asset type char. When u select "asset type " char value as Sub Station, then only " Sub Station types" char will show. U can go on writing syntax accordingly.

We can't able to achieve this the same in CV04N.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Edited by: sai krishna on Sep 30, 2010 6:40 PM