cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career with MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am having 4 years experience in SAP MDM. There is an opportunity for me to learn either Business Objects, ETL or XI

Please suggest me which one to choose which will help for the career in MDM

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony

Business Objects seems to be most logical path. SAP MDM and BO are complementary to each other when it comes to data Quality, analytics and reporting.

In MDM 7.3 the next release we also have standard connectivity between SAP MDM and BO.

You can refer to the MDM roadmap in service market place for more details.

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the guidance..

However the option given for me is that to move away from MDM and learn the new thing

It is not MDM - BO Integration.. It is learning only BO....

Will knowing only BO help to learn MDM - BO intergartion and futher in future?

Kindly advice

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I like the word move away

Anyways BODS Business objects data services would definitely help you more in the future because they have more capabilities like identifying the address duplicates etc.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It totally depends on you and your interest. as far as SAP MDM is concern it will always be consider as a heart of SAP. it's up to you now if you want to connect a nerves system of body with other part - in/out go for PI.

if you want more load on your heart and maintain it, and want to make it strong- go for BO ETL

Jokes apart

Yea SAP is coming with built in ETL capability in MDM as well in future release. you can refer service market place for more information.

Rgds

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

GO with Business Objects .In future Business object + MDM will be in great demand.Currently demand of BO is very good

as it is very powerful tool to clean data by parsing and combining the duplicate data from different system.

MDM also planning to integrate BO features in MDM only.

XI is also a good option.

But as customer is more interested in cleaned data,analytics and other data related issues.

BO+MDM will be a very good combination.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

as SAP also represent MDM as ETL tool in future

I would suggest MDM + XI (PI) will be good option for your career

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel