Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of WDIslandLibrary30-debug.swc and sap-wd-flashDebug

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I've had a look around the web and SDN in particular but cannot seem to find any concreate examples of using WDIslandLibrary30-debug.swc and the sap-wd-flashDebug parameter. The closest I got was this link below:

[Debug - sap-wd-flashDebug=X ? |;

Where Thomas Jung mentions refering to the documentation for the Adobe debugger. I assume he means the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 debug version?

How would I debug using it? I am assuming that when calling the debug version of the flex app via the sap-wd-flashDebug parameter, that Flex builder or the debug version of Flash Player will be called if I add in some breakpoints? Am I correct in my assumption? I do not get a popup as suggested, the flex app just runs as normal.

Cheers

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

From what I have been able to figure out, the parameter sap-wd-flashDebug only activates the WDA program to load up the embedded SWF file in debug mode, allowing a remote Flash/Flex debugger to connect to it. I do not think you can use ABAP workbench to debug what is happening inside the Flash island.

You can use NWDS with the Flex plug in libraries or Adobe's Flex Builder (3 or Flash Builder 4) to start up a remote debugger session (when setting up a debugging config instead of running a debugger session from your local build you can put in your WDA application URL there). What it will do is load up Flexbuilder in debugging mode, call your WDA application through the ABAP WebAS then connects to your adobe flash island and you can put breakpoints into your flex/actionscript code and debug your flash island.

I am not too sure what WDIslandLibrary30-debug.swc does but it might allow additional information to pass through to the flash island component? What I've been trying to find is how to view the WebDynpro -> Flash framework XML conversion so I can see how objects are being passed back and forth. I thought there was some way to print this out but could not find any documentation on how to enable it on the ABAP side.

Hope it helps?

Regards,

Danny

Edited by: Danny Yee on Oct 3, 2010 12:35 PM

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Danny

Many thanks for this. It works perfectly and makes sense now. I was trying to launch the debugger form SAP.

I will be trying to share my (basic) knowledge of FlashIslands at the end of the week and debugging was as massive gap that you have now filled.

Cheers

Ian

wouter_peeters
Participant
0 Kudos

More info about debugging with Flash Island here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/DebuggingAdobeFlashIslandwithFlashBuilder

Edited by: Wouter Peeters on Dec 7, 2010 3:04 PM - Flash Island tutorial info

Answers (0)