cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Drag and Drop In OAWD

Former Member

Hi,

I have read numerous forum posts and SAP notes but still dont seem to be able to find a solution or workaround to this problem.

We have developed a solution which involves dragging PDF documents from a network location into the area on OAWD. This works fine when logged into SAP via a local install but not when in via citrix.

My citrix team tell me that this isnt possible to do but didnt offer a work around.

Can anyone advise

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please tell me how can I use this tcode OAWD to run in Background with Mass Archive option.

We have similar scenario of reading attachments from third party software. I want to use this option with 'Mass Archive' and run this in background. Is this possible?

Thanks
Bharati

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was advised as follows,

"This is not possible in a Citrix provided app as, in essence, you are trying to drag and drop files from one session running on one machine to a separate session running on another"

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only solution I can think of is to write an ABAP upload program that effective uploads the files to OAWD in the background in the same manner that you would be a data migration upload program. That would ensure that the front end isn't used and any limitations imposed on the front end (like citrix) wouldn't apply once the program is executed.

Only issues you may have is the network drive will need to be mounted to that the SAP system can access it directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its the right area, this area is also used to ask questions about ArchiveLink and the functionality he is referring to using OAWD is archivelink.

Jamie, have you asked them why it won't work using citrix? It may be something relating to the security layers that can't be bypassed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe this is in the wrong thread then. These are documents that are just stored on a network drive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya Jamie,

SAP DMS can retrieve the documents stored in SAP database or content server only. and those are checked-in,it's a dms functionality.

I think your requirement is different and not related to dms, The thread you can post in abap forum which may lead to some solution.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

I hope this works only when you access documents either from SAP database or content server as dms documents are checked-in. The check-in activity only defines the retrival source for the same. You can't access from another servers.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra