cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra label printing using smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone help me out with a sample code to test zebra label printing using smartforms.

Are we supposed to create any smartstyles or something?

I assume creating a standard text using ZPL commands and including the same in the smartform would serve the purpose.

I tried using the same but I am getting the same code in the print preview.

Therefore I would need a small sample code with commands as I need to test if this works with the printer given.

The device type used is LZEB2: Zebra label printer 203 dpi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjum,

Take a look at SAP note 750772.

In Smartforms, a page format must be set for every form or label, e.g. DINA4 or LETTER.The selection of the page format is irrelevant if you use "non-continuous media" in Zebra printers. So you can set e.g DINA4 in this case.

If you use "continuous media", the correct feed of labels can only be achieved by creating a customer-specific page format

plus a customer-specific format of the same name, adding these to the device type and using them in the Smartform. So in this cae you need to create a custom page format and specify this in your smartform.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for all your inputs. I have checked the sap note. I will test how it works and get back to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Aidan. It is working as required.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun / Aidan

We are using Zebra printer GK420D to print label via SMARTFORMS (SAP version 4.6)

We are not able to print, can you please help / provide the procedure to be followed in SMARTFORMS and in SPAD

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjum,

if you want to do it this way, you should use device type LB_ZEB as per SAP Note 179534 and you should probably use a sapscript form. If you want to use a smartform and device type LZEB2, you should just create your form like you would for any other printer, no need for ZPL2 commands in the smartform.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Aidan. Could you please tell me what page format am I supposed to give in the smartform?

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjum,

The device type and kernel add any necessary ZPL2 commands to the print data sent to the printer. What problem do myou get when you print via your smartform to the zebra printer?

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Currently I have put the ZPL commands in a standard text and printing via smartform. I am getting the same ZPL commands in the print out. The device type i have used LZEB2.

Edited by: arjum shenoy on Sep 21, 2010 8:49 PM

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjum,

There is no need to create a standard text using ZPL commands and include in the smartform when you follow the method described in SAP notes 750002 and 750772. You should use device type LZEB2 for a Zebra 203 dpi printer as per Note 750002.

I think you are confusing with the old method described in SAP note 179534 for sapscript where the ZPL commands are created via a third party label program and uploaded to a standard text in the sapscript form.

With smartforms and device type like LZEB2, you just use a regular smartform with normal texts etc. The device type LZEB2 is a real device type which formats the print data with the needed ZPL2 commands.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aidan.

So, you mean I can just use normal texts and barcodes. I dont need to use ZPL commands?

Then why is this ZPL commands used and where?

former_member559067
Participant
0 Kudos

Arjum,

I think you need to create a page format, format type, device type, check with access method, output device type in SPAD transaction as per the size of label.

Later you can create a smartform and use the output type as per the new one which you had created.

Regards,

Anmol Saxena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..but that has been done by the basis team. I wanted to get a sample code using ZPL for smartform.

Also I want a confirmation on which device type to be used. We are currently using LZEB2.

Thanks.

former_member559067
Participant
0 Kudos

Arjum,

Once the Output device type has been confirmed, you can just use your SF on that Output device type.

Just try with output device type having specification 300 DPI (LZEB3).

Regards,

Anmol Saxena.