cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 - BRF vs "Normal Workflows"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am an SAP workflow consult currently involved in an SRM 7 implementation. I was involved in prior releases of SRM as well and until now I have developed and supported "traditional SAP workflows".

I am very open minded to change and realise that the "Business Rules Framework" is the "next thing", but for this SRM 7 project would you only advise using BRF for ALL workflows or are some customers still using the "normal workflows" from SRM 5?

I guess I would like to know what is the "norm" in this respect?

Thanks

Lynton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer to the document for custom workflows using BRF and Process Controlled Workflow.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0fb3445-69a0-2d10-78a1-8681f27f4...

Refer to online documentaion on Process controlled workflow at help.sap.com

Regards

Virender Singh

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Many thinks to all the suggestions and answers above....I really appreciate it....

I will look into BRF and will see how easy it is to do "deadline monitoring", LOOPS etc as I have no "hello world" examples to look at online. I see SAP-PRESS has some sort of BRF book coming out in Dec....but that is too far away for me.

If anyone has a step by step guide to BRF that is NOT specific to SRM I would really appreciate it?

Thanks again

Lynton

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"deadline monitoring" and LOOPS etc. are handled in SAP Business Workflow and not in BRF. BRF is just used for condition handling like which workflow should be started and which approval step should be executed.

For BRF itself, PRFplus is available.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/9a/6b67ce7c26446483af079719edf679/frameset.htm

Regards,

Masa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM 7.0 supports both Application-Controlled Workflow and Process-Controlled Workflow. Customer has a choice.

Application-Controlled Workflow - normal/traditional SAP Business Workflow, like SRM 5.0

Process-Controlled Workflow - still use SAP Business Workflow but customer does not need to know SAP Business Workflow. Business conditions are handled in BRF which is outside of workflow template.

BRF is general condition handling framework and it is not only for workflow.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

BRF workflow referred as process controlled is recommended for SRM 7.0 implementation.All the new features and functions will be developed based on this workflow.

The old workflow has to be positioned only for upgrade customers and no new features are available with this workflow.