cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship-To Address not getting picked for one particular user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

I am working on SRM5.0 system with ECC6.0 as backend.

For one particular SRM user, the Ship-To address number which has been maintained in his attributes through transaction PPOMA_BBP, as default delivery address, is not populated when he creates a SC.

This default ship-to address is not seen while creating the cart even though the address can be found via the F4 search help in the same SC.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening for one particular user?

Please note that this problem is occuring even when the user is shopping for self and creating a new SC (no copying from template). So SAP note 1055203 is not valid in my case.

I have checked the ADRC table, and this address number exists. Infact, when I assign this address number to some other user's Ship-To attribute, this default delivery address is picked in the SC.

So, I understand that the problem is not with the address, but with the linking of this address number to this user. I even tried deleting and re-assigning the address number in the attribute to this user. But, it doesnot work still.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks n Regards,

Ancy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ancy,

Go to transaction BP enter the BP number and select Change in BP role and select BUP003 and select all roles you will if you are in chnnage mode that you can amend the end date. This wull update the table.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I tried changing the role to BUP003 and changing the end date, but the table doesnot get updated.

What I did was: Went to transaction BP in change mode, selected BUP003 role, selected validity period (01/01/0001-11/11/2010) saved it. Then put in new role BUP000, created new validity period (11/11/2010-12/31/9999), but no changed were seen in the table.

Infact, the table is showing dates which are not there on the BP validity dates list.

Let me know where I am going wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Ancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You open the business partner in edit mode. You click on 'Role detail' icon placed adjacent to the field 'Change in BP role'. Then put 'valid to' date as 31.12.9999 for BP role BUP003. This will be reflected in BUT100.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna. It solved my problem.

Points awarded.

Regards,

Ancy

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ship to address not being picked from attributes for any user it was being picked from Org address data , and I had reset the value

now , when I am trying to create a SC and I have tried to add delivery address  bby 2 types .

1. By adding through the portal

2> i have tried to add the same throgh ppomabbp in user attributes "Delivery address"

I have also made it default however when I raise the SC it again shows me as blank :

I am not too sure how do I populate the value that I need . Please see below still the delivery address is blank !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

As mentioned in the solution to my problem, did you check table BUT100 table if the BP has valid end dates for the users?

Regards,

Ancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

It seems that user is using the delivery address defined in the upper node under which user is assigned. We call it Inheritance (user is inheriting the attributes defined for the higher organizational unit under which user is assigned).

Now, How can we allow user to use his attributes instead of the higher node's?

There are different ways of configuring the inheritance for nodes:

- Inherited vales cannot be redefined: whatever user has defined in his attributes cannot be overwritten by the values inherited from the upper node. Thus system would pick the inherited value.

-Local values overwrite inherited: whatever user has defined in his attributes can be overwritten by the values inherited from the upper node. Thus system would pick the user defined values in attributes.

Please award points if helpful.

Best regards,

Anil

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Could you remember how you resolved the issue? We are having the same issue where user default address existed in PPOSA_BBP however still showing as blank during creation of shopping cart.

Thanks

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ancy,

I have checked the issue in our system and we have the same problem BUT100 has end date which has expired. Did you mange to update the table?

Thanks

Andrew

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you checked if DOC_CHANGE_BADI is not changing the partner table?

It is possible that this badi is overwriting the ship to address attribute.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for the entry in the table BUT100. And also check the valid end date in the table BUT100.

Regards,

Krishna.

0 Kudos

For the similar issue , I see that the validity end date for the business partner in BUT100 table is in Past. How to correct this validity end date .

Thanks, Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You are right. I checked the validity end date of this BP and it is in the past. But, in transaction BP,l find the validity dates are for the present and valid.

Where or how do I change the dates in this table?

Regards,

Ancy

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you test if you can get attribute value by FM BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES in test mode?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the report HRALXSYNC for this user and check if there are any incosistencies for this user/BP.

regards,

Mahesh Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. But, the problem is not resolved yet.

I tried re-assigning the user to the position by running the PFAL transaction, but no result. The idoc status is passed in both ECC and SRM, but the structure doesn't reassign the position to the user. I had to manually assign the user to the position.

Also, this user's position doesn't read any address number for that matter. I mean, I tried assigning different address numbers to its attributes, but none of them is seen in the shopping cart screen.

Can someone tell me what to do?

Thanks n Regards,

Ancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ancy

First at all, check that your adrress of the ADRC exist in the table BUT021_FS.

For that work and you can select this delivery adreess in the shopping cart or Purchase Order; your "addrnumber", in the field ADR_KIND have that be "SHIP_TO".

Regards.

José Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been having a similar problem. What I have found is that the relationship between the business partner has not been fully estabilished when resending the user in create from the backend the ECC system the default ship is then picked up.

Cheers

former_member1228549
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Has this user tried to use any other delivery address's successfully?

Prakash