cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA created for 1 system role per solution ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently thinking of a way to get all our systems (several dedicated customers landscapes) into our master solman.

I would like to create 1 solution per customer. But this is problematic for the EWAs apparently.

Indeed; a solution has a "Leading Role". This is defined when you create your solution. You can select Production, Dev, Q, ... as the leading role.

I noticed that the EWAs are only available for the systems who are registered in the same role as the leading role of the solution.

This means that if i want to have EWAs for D, Q & P; then i will need to have 3 solutions per customer; eg. Solution <Customer> D, Solution <Customer> Q, Solution <Customer> P. Which is overkill in my opinion.

Is there a way to get the EWAs created for each system types in a single solution ?

Thanks,

aidan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of Course yes, you can get EWA of the systems irrespective of the leading role. You go to System Group in your solution directory. Right click on the system for which you need EWA and select "Put in solution".

Then Go to menu "Settings --> Solution Monitoring --> Earlywatch Alert" Select "EWA Administration". Change the settings as per your requirement.

Hope this solves your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. Solution was too easy Just 2 clicks away.

Kr,

aidan

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I am currently thinking of a way to get all our systems (several dedicated customers landscapes) into our master solman.

> I would like to create 1 solution per customer. But this is problematic for the EWAs apparently.

>

> Indeed; a solution has a "Leading Role". This is defined when you create your solution. You can select Production, Dev, Q, ... as the leading role.

> I noticed that the EWAs are only available for the systems who are registered in the same role as the leading role of the solution.

>

> This means that if i want to have EWAs for D, Q & P; then i will need to have 3 solutions per customer; eg. Solution <Customer> D, Solution <Customer> Q, Solution <Customer> P. Which is overkill in my opinion.

>

> Is there a way to get the EWAs created for each system types in a single solution ?

Valid question. An easy solution exist.

Just got the the screen, where you see the logical components of the Solution Landscape (one per customer including all Dev/Q/Prod Systems).

Choose in the context menu of systems (with grey background, in columns Development, Quality....): Put into Solution.

This will ensure, that the system is added to the solution landscape. Afterwards, the EWA will be enabled for theses systems, too.

Best regards,

Ruediger