cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new settlement parameters in sales order does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a sales order for service material. It is invoiced. I have to settle it. The existing settlement rule is wrong. So I have created a new allocation structure and changed settlement parameter in the sales order. I save the sales order.

But in VA88 the settlement does not work. I get error message ' receiver cost element not defined and thet cat. PSG not defined.'

But the same allocation structure work good for new sales order.

Pl advise how I can do the settlement for old sales orders, subsequently changed for settlement parameter ie allocation structure.

Thanks

kamala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamala

Not an expert on this subject, but here is what I suggest, Try and see if it works.

1) Firstly retract the changes you did in sales order and settle first with the wrong settlement parameter (Old data).

2) Now change the existing allocation structure, don't create NEW ONE. If you change an allocation structure, the changes only affect future settlements.

3) Then reverse the settlement.

4) Now re-do the settlement.

Let me know how it goes. Take care.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried this, but the old allocation structure did not have the cost element assigned. only structure name was present. Then I created a new one with all cost elements. So I cant settle and reverse , as suggested by you.

Thanks for further help

kamala

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to test in my system due to authorizations, but can't you just change the existing allocation structure and make it complete by adding all the missing config and do the settlement. Don't change anything in the sales order.

Also let me know the error message number you are getting.

Further suggest post this in the Controlling forum to get better guidance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

The sales order is of service order . The production order expenses were settled to the said sales order. So I had to give PSG as receiver category in the PA structure, even for the expenses in PO. Then VA88 worked.

Thanks

kamala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in OKO6 whether you have maintained the required data in "Settlement Cost Element" for your Allocation Structure.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi