cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of custom adapter in PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

after migration from PI 7.0 to PI 7.11 we have to adapt and deploy our custom adapters. While deploying we get errors from JSPM that something is wrong with our SAP_MANIFEST.MF. We would like to loook at this file in the sample adapter to know what we have to change.

Does anyone know an URL where we can download the sample adapter?

Kind regards, Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

In your case, the Custom adapter deployable archive (ear) seems to be a general EAR project. In order to deploy any archive (EAR or SDA), you need to create a SAP Specific Project (SAP Specific EAR project in NWDS) so that you can deploy this on the PI Server. otherwise the JSPM tool will throw this SAP manifest mismatch error.

So, you can check if the Project created in your case is SAP Specific or a general EAR project.

You can download the Sample adapter from the Service MarketPlace using a S-user ID:

http://service.sap.com

Regards, Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

the adapter we have developed is an *.sda file which includes the SAP-MANIFEST-file. We've changed the dependency section as it is mentioned in the upgrade guide. After that we get the following error message while deploying:

Sep 20, 2010 3:59:09 PM [Warning]: Error while reading component /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/tcpip_ra.sda. The reason is: Error during attribute reading: received exception: invalid header field

Sep 20, 2010 3:59:09 PM [Warning]: File /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/tcpip_ra.sda is not a valid SDA or SCA file.

The URL you specified is unsufficient: I get on a main/portal side but I requested the complete URL of the download link.

Please help.

Kind regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

here is the complete steps to download the sample adapter from service marketplace

You need a user for the SAP service marketplace.

1.Enter service.sap.com/patches as address in your browser window.

2.Click on the left side on:Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group

3.Navigate:Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver and complementary products" -> SAP NETWEAVER PI -> SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NW PI 7.1 -> Entry by Component" Adapter Engine (Java EE)

4.Expand XI ADAPTER FRAMEWORK 7.11 -> # OS independent and download the SP level, that fits your PI installation.

5. You can find the sample_ra.sda in SAPXIAF<PL>_<HF>.sca that you will download from this location.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

atr step 3

"3.Navigate:Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver and complementary products"

there is a hint "no more information available". I'm not able to get further! What can I do? Where else can I find the sample adapter?

Kind regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

i think either the content has been removed by SAP or the user has insufficient rights.

I remember that we found the sample adapter on the PI itself. Maybe you have a look at the file system of the PI machine.

Best Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I checked the path again on Service Marketplace. The path mentioned above is correct. Looks like your user does not have sufficient authorizations. You may try with some other S-user ID.

If you want to check this sda on the PI Server, browse to the SAP_XIAF....sca in the input folder of JSPM tool which is generally present

at this location Drive: <sap_install_directory>\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in

Once you get the sca, you can extract the sca to get the list of SDAs inside it. You can find the sample_ra.sda in the list of SDAs.

Hope this helps you.

Regards, Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we were able to deploy our library succesfully due to JSPM! But in communication channel monitoring it says "there is no adapter registered for this communication channel". How does the registration work? Does it goes with the dployment descriptors? And if so, what do we have to do?

Kind regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Please restart the channel from channel monitoring. A successful stop-start of this channel will solve the problem.

Regards, Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

it is not possible to start/stop communication channels which are not registered. Even a restart of the J2EE engine has no effect.

What else can we do?

Kind regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

please check the JDNI Name in one of the diverse XML files. This must match with the name given in the metadata files. We had the same problemsm and they were caused by a mismatch in JNDI name. I also remember there was a line of code concerning JNDI name. Have a look at this as well.

Best Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sven,

the JNDI-Name was not set in code (like in both custom adapters running on 7.0), but, anyway, channels are now registered!

Greetings

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I am struggling with the same "no adapter registered for this channel" msg.

If you say that "the JNDI-Name was not set in code", so what was the solution?

Cheers

Alessandro

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's being long time since you post the question but, anyway, following guide shows how to set a basic adapter module:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/02706f11-0d01-0010-e5ae-ac25e74c4...

Page 7 says:

"You should assign a JNDI name in ejb-j2ee-engine.xml. You will need this name for the

configuration of the module. An example of this is the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE ejb-j2ee-engine SYSTEM "ejb-j2ee-engine.dtd">

<ejb-j2ee-engine>

<enterprise-beans>

<enterprise-bean>

<ejb-name>CreateAttachment</ejb-name>

<jndi-name>CreateAttachment</jndi-name>

<session-props/>

</enterprise-bean>

</enterprise-beans>

</ejb-j2ee-engine>"