cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receving Point priority in Inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In IMG , we have a place to configure Receiving Point based on a combination of Plant and Storage location.

SPRO - LE - Shipping -> basic shipping functions -> Shipping point and Goods Receiving point determination - > Assign Goods receiving point for Inbound delivery

In this node we can define multiple Receiving Point for same Combination of Plant and Storage location and also set the priority (using sequence number field).

My question is how this Receiving Point priority can be used. I defined two Receiving Point with Seq no 0001 and 0002 for same Plant and SLoc combination but system is always picking first receiving point.

Do you have any idea about it

Regards

Shrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx to all.

Does it mean that although system has functionality to define multiple receiving points for same Plant and Sloc but if one wants to pick alternate receiving point from define master then he has to implement exits ?

and there is no Standard functionality to pick alternate receiving point ?

Regards

Shrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct,

alternative receiving points are not automatically determined based on additional conditions.

in standard those are used only to define which other receiving points are allowed for given plant/sloc so that change of sloc does not give an error.

As stated, if you want alternative to appear automatically, you'd need to go for custom solutions.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the reply Dominik ,

I understand we can define multiple receipving points for a combination of plant and Sloc.Further it is also clear that system always picks the first Receiving point defined.

But is there are condition where Std system looks for other receving points defined and pick the alternate receiving point instead of the highest priority one.

I believe manual change in receiving point is not allowed in IBD , the field is disabled at my end.

regards

Shrey

former_member1245242
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Manual change in Rceiving point- plant is not allowed, you can ovewrite sloc only.

if you want to the system to populate list of alternate receiving points you need to build User exit.

Rgds

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sequence value is taken into account when determining receiving point. For example you have two receiving points for the same plant/storage location - then you define eg. value '1' for the one that should be determined automatically. And value '2' for the other ones.

For details you can also have a look at FM SD_SHP_REC_POINT_DETERMINE where receiving point is determined.

Within this FM there is a statement ' sort lt_twlvz by vprio.' which does the prioritization.

And yes, system will always pick the first one when creating inbound delivery. But using multiple receiving points might be needed in case you want to change storage locations in the delivery. If you change sloc into another one which points to different receiving point, then system will raise error message.

In case you defined an alternative rec.point, which equals to the one determined initially, no error raised, and the receiving point will remain unchanged in delivery.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski