Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i compare client sizes for client refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please give me some suggestions

Here iam going to do client refresh (production to quality) and iam very new for this task please help in this way

How can I do client refresh and how can i compare clients in production server client with quality server client and also tel me pre -requesits for client refresh

Please give me solution for how can I compare sizes of these clients

Regards

Edited by: ayur123 on Sep 21, 2010 8:49 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello ayur123,

please clarify which operation are you planning to do: is it a client copy? Or a system copy?

As per your problem description, it looks like it's a remote client copy. There's plenty of information available, please look for this help.sap topic:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

Also, please check these notes:

#116787: CC-TOPIC: Remote client copy

#557132: CC-TOPIC: Remote client copy

If you're looking for a system copy, this is a more complex operation. First you need to determine it's a Homogeneous System Copy or a Heterogeneous one. Here's a very good note to start from:

#547314: FAQ: System Copy procedure

Let us know if this information is helpful and if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply and here i am looking for client copy from production client to quality client

and iam looking for client Export and client import so before going to client Export/import we need to check sizes of those clients and we are using AIX OPERATING SYSTEM and ORACLE database so please let me how can i check my client sizes before going to do

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you may take a look at this forum on how to check client sizes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ayur,

Try create a dummy client first and run local client copy in test mode ... this is time and resource consuming operation so please be careful when you schedule this in Production server.

in SCC3 you can check log which shows the exact size of this client.

Or check the total DB size in PRD and you still can approximate the size of your production client.

Check OSS Note 118823 also.

Regards

Shailesh Mamidwar

Answers (0)