Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Configuration Adapter

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a configuration in the Configutaion Adapter(In Visual Administrator Server -> Services -> Configuration Adapter) and i would like to read the values that have been set under that configuration.

I read the sample in the NDS help for connection to Configuration Manager. However i am unable to read my Configuration using the said method.

Would anyone know how we can do this.

Also what is the way we can use the services that are listed in Visual Administrator Server -> Services. For eg

if i have to use the SLD service how do i go about finding the appropriate JAR files and then use the API's.

Thanks and Regards

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think an application can access its own configuration tree only - that is, you cannot create a configuration and then access it from an external application.

As for the services of the J2EE Engine, they are generally not meant to provide specific APIs that are relevant for application development. You should use the functions provided by the service itself.

You can find an overview about what each service does, as well as links to more detailed documentation at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/61/e176cb3fd64848966ecb58f8eecba2/frameset.htm.

Hope this helps,

Zornitsa

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Zornitsa,

The list there shows the entry for Configuration manager also. So i thought that there is way to read the read the configurations also.

My problem is that i have to store the SMTP server name. Now that i first stored in the JAVA MAIL Client service in the SMTP property there. But i am unable to read the value programatically. Please advise as how we can read the values stored in different services using Config Tool and Visual Administrator programatically.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your question is about using Java Mail specifically, the answer is very simple: you use it through the standard JavaMail APIs (package javax.mail.*)

For example, if you've setup different mail providers using the Java Mail Client Service properties, you can retrieve those using the javax.mail.Session class (method getProviders()).

If you need more details, you can have a look at the JavaMail tutorial provided with J2EE Engine documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/c00e408230c442e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Source code is also available and can be found as part of the page with J2EE Engine examples.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that would solve the problem with the mail provider.

But is it not possible to read the entries of the configuration adapter in my sourcecode (e.g. in an ejb)?!?

I have the same problem that I want to read some value-entry I have made in the configuration adapter of the

visual administrator, but I don't know how to access

the data stored there. Is there any API to do that?

Any ideas?

Best regards & thanks in advance,

Edgar