cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to display or change the file after deleting the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am checking in the document to content category while creating the DIR.

I tried to delete the file on my desktop and after i am unable to open the file in CV02N,It gives the below error:

Error while executing "C:\

Firdosi\Desktop\gg.txt"

I changed the settings in define workstation applications also and i ticked on Data check of.

Please advice.

Muzamil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this would be the case of improper content server linkage..check whether web apache and content server link is up through basis.

or, in DC20, check whethr u have maintained path as C:\Temp while defining data carrier.

Thank You,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u just check the format of the file,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

The error is occuring because you have not checked-in the document before deleting. First you need to save the DIR and then you can delete the file from your desktop. Then only SAP DMS can retrieve the file from content server and display on screen.

If you have only selected the file which is not checked-in means DIR not saved. And suddenly you tried to delete the original file from desktop. It means the recod is not saved in SAP DMS and before that you have tried to delete it.

This is standard behaviour and such type of files can't be retrieved from content serever as it's original is not saved properly i.e. checked-in.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I am trying to change in file in CV02N that means it is only after i have saved my DIR.

I deleted the file after saving my DIR,still system is giving me the same message.

Can you advice.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

have you defined in DC20 ,data carrier type as "PC". Also check with basis team that SapWorkDir is activtaed for your user ID.

Check and revert back.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

When you save the DIR with the original not checked in any particular storage location and the next time that you process the DIR, the orginal if accessed would pick up the local path from your system from where the document was uploaded from. Incase the original residing on your system is deleted/renamed,you wont be able to access/display it in the DIR(if it is still not checked-in).

Hence, in your case, check-in the document in a storage location before you delete it from your system to be able to access it when processing.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I am checking in the document to the storage location.I am deleting my file on my dekstop or my network later on and then i am getting this error.

I tried to checkon the data check off in workstation applications and then i am able to change my DIR once in CV02N and again i am deleting the file from my system and next system is giving me this error.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's strange. In that case, another possible reason maybe there are issues with accessing/retrieving from your KPRO content repository. Do check your settings for your content repository and storage category in transaction OAC0, OACT and CSADMIN.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In define workstation application enable the start authorization and disable data check off and delete file after check-in and for particular application for example text file assign PC with path %auto% for application type display and change.

Same i made above settings and first when i created my DIR after that i deleted my file from desktop and i checked my uploaded file in cv02n and cv03n .The file is opening .So once you Check and revert back

Regards,

Sonu