cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSPORTS AFTER TDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how transports are taken care during TDMS & after TDMS.

I hope TDMS process will clear the receiver system & will have the client independent data & repository.

1) How is transport handled when a request has to be moved from DEV to QUA while TDMS run is happening?

2) After TDMS project, I hope DEV will not be in sync with QUA,as QUA will have only few data's. How transport will be handled in this is case?

Please clarify. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hari Narayanan.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venugopal,

Or you may be think of importing all Customizing TR's from the date you copy data from PRD to QAS, till date TDMS finished and you will have a consistent transport following through your landscape.

This applies when you execute Time reduction package. And as said above there will be no change in client dependent data as Suman Described.

Regards

Shailesh Mamidwar

suman_pr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

1. How is transport handled when a request has to be moved from DEV to QUA while TDMS run is happening?

Ans: That would depend on the contents of the transport request.

For example: In case the request consists of some table contents (specifically client dependent), then that data would indeed be deleted during the Data Deletion activitiy during TDMS. To be on the safe side, you may post pone the transports to post Data Transfer activity especially for client dependent data.

2) After TDMS project, I hope DEV will not be in sync with QUA,as QUA will have only few data's. How transport will be handled in this is case?

Ans: In case the DEV is the receiver system created from the production system, the data would be in sync with the source system and not the QUA.

Please go through the guides available in the "Service Market Place" for better understanding of the product. Yes, it would indeed clear the receiver system and would not touch any client independent data.

Regards,

Suman

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the FAQ for TDMS and you will get these answers.

As a hint : All cross-client data in the target system (repository, transport history, interfaces, printers etc.)

remains as it is.

Reagrds,

Sandeep