cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output type based on putaway status (VBUK-KOSTK)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having trouble triggering an output in inbound delivery. Here is the flow -

1. Inbound deliver is created in system (the VBUK-KOSTK value is A for the inbound delivery). The output ZIBR is not supposed to be triggered at this point as routine 9xx checks for KOSTK = C. As this field value is "A" before transfer order is created, we expected this behavior. Note: Warehouse management is used for cross dock functionality (transfer order is created and goods receipt is automatically posted based on TO confirmation).

2. After transfer order is created, the putaway status (VBUK-KOSTK) gets updated to C on inbound delivery. And the design was to get the output Zxxx triggered as the requirement is passed.

Issue u2013 Zxxx output type is not working. Possible cause is output determination program is not called when status (KOSTK) is updated during TO creation.

Solution u2013 Possible option is to include the output determination program in TO create program (userexit).

But before getting into this option, I want to get advise from all the experts out there to see if you have seen similar issues. And if yes, how did you handle this issue.

Thanks.

Naren Ginagam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

I would like to confirm, you are intending to print the Inbound Delivery and not the TO?

If yes, for Inbound Delivery, during after your Inbound Delivery is created, do you see any Output Type determined in the document (Path: Extras --> Delivery Output).

From Step 2, you mentioned that the design is to get the Output type Zxxx triggered when VBUK-KOSTK = C.

Are you having an external routine to call this Output Type? If yes, have you maintained the Routine accordingly in the Output Type program in configuration?

Have you explored the possibility of achieving that in the below path:

IMG --> Logistics Execution --> Shipping --> Basic Shipping Functions --> Output Control --> Output Determination -> Maintain Output Determination for Inbound Delivery

Where you want to have your own program to call the Output Type, you may maintain it accordingly in the Output Type, then complete the configuration assigining the access sequence to the output type, maintain the output determination and the assignment accordingly, then finally maintain the output master record in MN24 accordingly.

Then when you create the transaction, the Output should be automatically determined, and based on the program, it will automatically trigger printing. Depending on the dispatch time you maintain, it can also be controlled to trigger printing immediately upon "Save".

However, if you are intending to print the TO instead, you may look into OMLV settings.

Path is: SPRO --> Logistics Execution --> Warehouse Management --> Activities --> Define Print Control.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is not with the configuration of output type as all the configuration of output type (Zxxx) is done but it's actual triggering which is not working. So, I have this output type with a requirement that check KOSTK = C. At the inbound delivery creation, KOSTK = A so output fails. Perfect no issues till this point as it's what is expected. Now, the transfer order is created using LT03 for inbound delivery (as TO will be used to confirm goods receipt vs. traditional approach of performing goods receipts against inbound delivery). Once the transfer order is created, it's updating the KOSTK value to C. And design was the when SAP updates the status the output Zxxx will be triggered as the requirement that checks KOSTK is passed. But it doesn't happen (my guess the output determination program on inbound delivery is not called at all during TO creation). I understand the print control on transfer orders but we already have a SMARTFORM created for this label and the rationale behind using inbound output was to reduce the development effort. Now if I want to use TO print labels, I have to convert SMARTFORM to sapscript as you can't use smartforms.

Thanks.

Naren

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remember which userexit you used?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved it by modifying the userexit.