cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost center and profit center not updated after posting made.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have assigned cost center in wbs master data. cost center is assigned to profit center.

After posting in that wbs element, cost center and profit center not updated with posted value. In cost center report S_ALR_87013611 im unable to find values.

please help.

Thanks and regards

sravani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Svarini

Try report S_ALR_87013340 or KE5Z. You might find your postings there as statistical in PCA.

Kind regards

Dawn

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Statistical posting to profit centre will only happen if the profit centre field in the WBS master data is filled in, not via cost centre.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sravani,

WBS is also a CO object like cost center, if you assign cost center to WBS then posting doesnt happen automatically to cost center whenever you post to WBSE. If you post cost to WBSE the cost resides only at WBSE level, if you want to take it to cost center then you have to settle the cost. Also, you have to assign profit center to WBSE, system will not consider the profit center from cost center.

If the posting has to happen automatically to cost center, then you have to define the WBSE as statistical object and then you have to mention the cost center, now the cost will posted to cost center with statistical posting to WBSE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed Rifaee,

My requirement is posting has to happen automatically to cost center and profit center with statistical posting. And actual line item posting should be made to wbs. bcoz here iam settling cost from wbs to auc.

Thanks and regards

sravani

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether such thing can be done or not. Better talk to your CO consultant and check in COforum.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean to say you have assigned Cost cneter in WBS's B asic data tab. or else ?

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say you have assigned Cost cneter in WBS's B asic data tab. or else ?

With Regards

Nitin P.

hi nitin,

I have assigned cost center(responsible cost center) in WBS's basic data tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible in the case of INVESTMENT projects, as it is settling to AUC and you cannot maintain the statistical objects in this functionality. This is SAP std. design.

Praveen

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I even doubt by putting responsible CC you will get posting on Responsible CC or profit Center. If you put profit cneter on assignment tab than profit center will get updated. Please check with your CO consultant. As I understand that at time in one posting line item system not allow you to post two statistical object or two actual objects. So, I am doubting what you are thinking that can be achieved or not.

Anyway good question Share your findings.

With Regards

Nitin P.