cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse WD ABAP Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that you can reuse WD Java components if you create different DC's. As there are no DC's available in ABAP

I was wondering if you can easily reuse WD ABAP Components like you can do it in Java. (Context mappings, external methods etc.)

I saw there is the possibility to to set the context as input element for example. Can somebody tell me how to reuse the components?

Thanks and best regards,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

All web dynpro components are global in ABAP, so there is no need to even setup something like a DC to reuse them. Components can be reused simply by declaring a component usage. Of course for a component to be designed for reuse, it should implement a good component interface and decide which parts (context, methods attributes, and events) are defined as interface and exposed for component reuse.

I would suggest you study the ALV in Web Dynpro. This is probably the most commonly re-used SAP provided component. There is also a section in the online help on this topic:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/a7/1d8b412bb5b35fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Answers (0)