cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts for JDBC Receiver Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using JDBC receiver adapter. I have configured the alert category and Alert rules. Alerts are getting for Mapping etc.

When ever error occured in the SQL server whether its firewall issue or some other issue. The alerts are not created. Instead I can see the error message in RWB Message monitoring and communicaton channel monitoring.

Please let me know How can raise alerts if the error occured at the JDBC receiver side.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Probabaly the alert rule did not capture the error in the adapter engine.

The filter for sender and receiver interface details in the alert rule can cause this issue depending on when and how the error occured. Can you create an alert rule with * for all entries, for adapter engine and check?

Also do NOT check the option "suppress multiple alerts from this rule" because it will prevent subsequent alerts from this rule, if there is already one and not yet confirmed.

Further please check the alerts in SALRT table in se16 if its created properly or via transaction ALRTDISP.

Please use the report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER for troubleshooting and checking the alert logs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Francis

former_member241146
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin.

Look at ALERT CONFIGURATION, maybe your rule isn't configured to every error (INTEGRATION SERVER and ADAPTER ENGINE).

Good luck.

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are getting mapping errors only because it occurs on IE and you might have selected IE in the alert configuration. Either make it ALL or create a new rule for AE as well.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in RWB ALERT configuration check if you select Adapter Engine for the alert you configure previuosly under WHERE DID THE ERROR OCCURS there, select the adapter type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for reply. But I have configured the alert rule correctly. The problem with When ever the JDBC logon failure or some other error occurs at the JDBC area. That error is shown in RWB Component monitoring or in message monitoring.

Please let me know how can I get that error in alert.

Thanks,

Kevin

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you configured the containers that capture the adapter errors?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured the containers correctly. This is the problem with JDBC adapter in PI 7.1 I guess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open a ticket with SAP, although I haven't faced any issues so far in the alerting on 7.1 as well as 7.11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

You copy the alert category to a new category with the same configuration.. and check it once.

kindly complete alerts from the AlertInbox. It will refresh the cache for alert, sometimes it's stuck in cache, even though u clear the cache..

It should work..

Kindly check the tcodes "alrtdisp" whether alert is generated or it's stuck somewhere in alert queue..

I hope you haven't seperate alert server right?

Regards,

Sushama