cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer "Implicit Search Criteria" passed from SRM to MDM?

JacobDK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to pass a dynamic customer search criteria from SRM to the MDM catalog. The case is that I have a catalog that is connected to very many users and I have a customer field (Code: ZCUSTFILTER) on the catalog table holding a value that I would like to filter depended on the user.

So for example: if user A opens the catalog it should filter the result for value u201C01u201D in the ZCUSTFILTER and if user B opens the same catalog if should filter for u201C07u201D. The filter value can be found via the master data in SRM.

We are running SRM 7.0.

As a test I have tried just to pass a fixed value from the SRM by adding a parameter to the WebService. I have tried

ZCUSTFILTER with value 01

and

/bs/ZCUSTFILTER with value 01

But it makes no different on the number of items return in the catalog search UI. For the dynamic implementation I was thinking of using BADI: BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH.

But first of all I need to get I workingu2026

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the note 1389625 for the implementation of implicit serach oncustomer defined fields.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

JacobDK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey

Thank you for the note 1389625 it helped, but there is still an issue. In the note it says:

Note:

Reset the search by clicking the "Reset Search" button so that you can able to see all the records without considering the additional parameters.

This is bad news - I wouldn't like my users to be able to reset the initial filter for ZCUSTFIELD. Is there a way where I can add this extra search parameter without my users being able to overrule it by resetting the search?

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob.

This is the intended functionality which is introduced in the implicit parameters search as said in Note: 1389625.

Instead of user logs into the catalog and search for the value(Let say vendor = 1000), this feature allows the user to launch the catalog with the search results. So if the "Reset Search" button is clicked then the search criteria is cleared and all the records are shown in the catalog. Can you also try Note 1364087?

Regards

Bala

JacobDK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I knew about note 1364087, but as far as I see it this can't be done on Z* fields?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Please refer following SAP Note's:

1. Note 1389625 - Passing additional parameters through BADI

2. Note 1395747 - Passing of implicit parameters to MDM Catalog from SRM

3. Note 1364087 - Implicit Parameter Passing for Catalog 3.0

4. Note 1372740 - SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 SP03 Patch 06 Release Note (Bug fixed: Translation fixes for "None" in Implicit Parameters screen and "All" in Search Criteria screen)

Also refer this thread:

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob.

Can you also check the below link for other approach of filtering data in Catalog?

Regards

Bala