Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Security - How to restrcit BI Query on 0ORGUNIT node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I need to restrict some of the HR Queries on a particular 0ORGUNIT node, I tried by creating a Authobject using ORGUNIT but I am unable to add the Hierarchy node values for ORGUNIT in Node tab it's grayed out?? My plan was to create Authobject for that particular node and add this Authobject in a Role. We donu2019t want the role to be query or variable dependent because- we want them to be fixed to those nodes in the hierarchy.

Please advise if I am missing anything here? Any other suggestions.

Regards,

KK

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not restrict the needed queries from S_RS_COMP object in roles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may have to enter 0ORGUNIT as 'External characteristic in hierarchies' in hierarchy tab in RSD1 for 0ORGUNIT itself.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the requirement is to restrict QUERIES with some node then it's a pure BI work & needs to be maintained in BEx Query Designer.

But if it's to restrict USERS on some particular ORGUNITs (when they run reports) then you need to make 0ORGUNIT auth relevant and then can create an Analysis Auth (RSECAUTH tcode) on this InfoObject. This Analysis Auths ar then to be assigned to users via Tcode RSU01.

--Akashdeep