Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i configure STMS with out physical systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

please solve my doubts

here i installed one system in AIX and named it as DEV system in that system i need to perform post-installaion Activities

and i started some activities also

presently my doubt is in STMS configuration

here i have only one system (DOMINE CONTROLLER) and we need to other systems while configuration but we dont have other systems like quality and production how can i configure that systems in my landscape

this is my first implementation Experience please suggest me with some valuable suggestions

my doubts:

while creating systems we need to take for virtual systems or Extended systems

which transport routes can i prefer for Dev to Qly systemand also Qly to Prd

please reply me

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are going in the right direction. Create virtual system in STMS with the same sid that your QA and Prd system will be and then configure the transport route.

This is an old doc. will give you an idea as to what needs to be done and how.

[Transport Management System|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/bcctstms/bcctstms.pdf]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/44/b4a0db7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naveed ,

thanks for your reply

so i dont required for any physical system at now

presently i can go with virtual system is it right and also i have system sids for that quality and production

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, so you can create a virtual system and configure them. And once you get your QA and Prd build, you can replace the Virtual systems with the Physical ones.

Thanks,

Naveed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have decided the SID's of the QUA and PRD systems then you can configure TMS with the virtual systems. Here are the steps to do so.

Login to the domain controller

Execute tcode STMS

Goto the menu overvie --> systems (Shift+F6)

SAP SYStems --> Create --> Virtual system

Enter the SID and description and then save ur entries.

Now the new virtual system will be created. Do the above for the others systems in the landscape.

Again execute STMS and then click SHIFT+F7. You will goto the transport route window. Now you can configure TMS for the systems in the list as usual.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varadharajan M