cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 help to input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in webdynpro application like..over my input screen I have 2 input fields with F4 help.

Based on first input field F4 selection..second input field F4 help has to vary..

Please can u suggest any solution on this..

Regards,

Prasanthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use OVS. This is a standard functionality provoded and is capable of handling all these scenarios. In your case, in the OVS handler method of first field, in the lase Phase, bind the selected value in a context attribute. In the OVS handler method of the second field, access this context attribute and select the data accordingly.

I hope you knaow about OVS, else let me know.I will provide some good smaples on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for the Suggestion. I tried to search examples for OVS but couldn't get that. It would be great if u can provide some links for that.

Thanks

Prashanti..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below link for Dynamic OVS creation.

[OVS Tutorial|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70cee684-ccbb-2c10-3c94-91e806e5f7ac?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets assume,

v1 and v2 are your two UI elements.

V1 is mapped to a context attribute ctx_one and v2 is mapped to context attribute ctx_two.

Steps:

1) create the usage of WDR_OVS in the component and the respective view

2) In the context properties, the search type as OVS and provide the usage name there.

3) Create an event handler method in the same view with event as the OVS from the options list.

4) Open that method. The standard code template gets automatically generated which is quite self explanatory.

5) In phase2 of the code, you have to write the select query to get the data to be displayed in seach help table.

6) Now when you repeat the same procedure for the second field search help, in the phase 2, first get the value of the context attribute ctx_one and select the data as per this value and bind it to the search output.

Note: If you creating only one component usage of WDR_OVS for both the fields, you need to use the attribute IF_WD_OVS~CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE of the OVS_CALLBACK_OBJECT which is a standard parameter of the OVS event handler method to access the name of the context attribute.

For simplicity, you can create two component usages for two fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vidhya and Ankit.

My problem got resolved with the help of the tutorial and the steps provided.

Regards

Prashanti.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you have a data dictionary search help you can use the current value of input field 1 as an importing parameter into the search help of intput field 2. DDic search helps have always supported the use of importing parameters. To use this functionality in Web Dynpro you must map the importing parameters of the search help within the definition of a data dictionary table/structure. Then this same DDic table/structure must be the source definition for your context node.

See the integration section of this online help article:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

If you want more control, then you could consider doing a freely programmed value help. You can access the source context element within the value help listener and user any of the other attributes in your custom search logic

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9ef8cc9b5e3c5ce10000000a421937/frameset.htm