cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP BOM- When used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I would like to know under what circumstance DP BOM is used. Understand from help topics that it is used to get dependent out of Independent demand.

My question would be this demand can be handled without DP BOM functionality, where in the Independent demand (from DP) can be blown out using PPM/PDS in PPDS.

Assuming that the dependent is sold too, we can forecast it separately and the demand from Independent shall be seen during PPM/PDS explosion.

Thanks for your valuable feedbacks

Reg,Bopanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With DP BOM, you can forecast also at Independent level as well as dependent level separately at the same time. So at dependent level you can forecast which coming as dependent forecast as well as you can also forecast this dependent level.

For example you are forecasting on the Independent level material in one region and dependent component level , with DP-BOM you can easily able to see Total forecast at dependent at component level.

In the PPDS PDS/PPM I think you can only plan the dependent level components based on the demand coming from Independent level.

I think this will help you to understand the basic difference.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not clear and read some more articles. Here is what I now understand:

DP BOM is specifically used where a component gets used in multiple FGu2019s. Fcst would be done at FG and passed on to component based in BOM. We can make a choice to release the fcst of component directly to PPDS+ demand of FG, in such case the PPDS PPM would need to be deactivated else it would result to duplication of demand.

The advantage of using DP BOM is we can see the combined demand of the component used in multiple FGu2019s. Whereas when demand gets propagated via a PPDS PPM/PDS its from the FG and is linked which might not be required by business when we have MTO planning and constraint on component availability.

Reg,Bopanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Mainly DP BOM gets used in APO-DP which is forecasting tool. APO DP-BOM can be used to forecast on higher level and than breakdown the forecast at detail level. Some time , we also forecast the higher level and also detail level for one of component which gets consumed at higher level. So as I explained here we are only talking about forecasting.

The PPM/PDS in are getting used mainly in the SNP planning or PP/DS planning. In the planning the requirement from higher level goes to component and again we can plan the components based on respective inventory status.

So I think there are different purposed for APO DP-BOM & PPM/PDS in PPDS.

I hope this answers your questions.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol.

But I donu2019t see what is the additional functionality that I get using DP BOM which I cant get when I forecast at Independent level and in PPDS demand gets propagated at dependent level based on PPDS PDS/PPM

reg,Bopanna