cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difeerent customer tax classification in customer master for a customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru

please tell me weather it is possible to maintain two different customer tax classification in customer master data for a customer for two different sales area. If the answer is yes then how?

Ex. customer number 001

sales area 1

customer tax classification 1

sales area 2

customer tax classification 2

regards

sd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not possible to give 2 Customer tax classifications to a single tax category, If it is required you can change per each document while creating even in Sales order Or in Billing. Change the tax classification and update the price with pricing type 'G'

in condition tab.

Regards

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pralay,

Yes this can be done, provided you have defined and maintained different Tax Classifications in IMG u2013 SD - Basic Functions u2013 Taxes - define tax relevancy of master records u2013 Customer Taxes and then material taxes.

If this has been maintained the tax classifications will be available for choice in the Customer Master and the Material Master.

Now as you have mentioned that the customer is same but will be extended to other sales area, which means while extending the customer in the other sales area in the sales area data billing screen maintain the different tax code for different sales areas.

Hope this helps

J Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

Thankx for the response. Let me elaborate my question more.As of my earlier question i have a customer who is extended in two sales area.The customer tax classification which is available in sales area view in billing tab is same for both.Now when i am creating the sales order then the customer tax classification automatically fet updated from customer master.

now my requirement is that i want to maintain two different tax classification for the customer for two different sales area say customer tax classification 1 for sales area A and customer tax classification 3 for sales area B.So that when i will create a sales order for the same customer then two seperate customer tax classification gets updated as per the sales area,

Customer Master Data:

customer number 001

sales area A

customer Tax classification 1

when i will create a sales order with this then customer tax classification 1 gets updated in sales order.

Customer master data

customer number 001

sales area B

customer tax classification 3(if possible )

with this i will create a sales order then customer tax calssification 3 gets updated instead of 1.

is the above possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Even I have an opinion that if the sales area changes the tax liablity of the customer might vary & might not be same as the previous sales area.

Thanks,

Saurav Singh,

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i got your requirement but as i told earlier it is not possible with standards as the KNVI table (customer tax details) is not relevant for any sales area even your customer is in 2 sales areas you cannot maintain 2 tax classifications for each sales area.

If it is required you can change manually in sales document header.

Regards