cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Find the Prj Folder under Mobile Client 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on Netweaver Mobile 7.1 Laptop application, I have a scenario, where in I have to use browse an image , display it on the mobile client and then upload it to DOE . For the image to be rendered in mobile client , it is to be placed in the MIMES folder under SRC folder of the project . Currently I am giving the absolute path shown below

C:
progetti.jdi
LocalDevelopment
DCs
demo.sap.com
attachments
_comp
src
mimes
Components
com.sap.demo.attachments.attachments.comp.AttachmentsComp

But I want to give the relative path of the mobile client. I could retrieve the installation directory of the current mobile client installation using the Configuration API , but when I go inside the mobile client installation directory, I am unable to find the project specific files for eg, MIMES folder, to set the complete relative path for the image.

Please Suggest!

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

There are some articles on SDN to show images/attachments in laptop application. You can check them out.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/mobile/UploadingAttachments-NetweaverMobile7.1

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/mobile/CreateapplicationsusingBinaryMemoandTextMemoinNetweaverMobile+7.1

Also the path is for NWDS, at client you need to go thry program files path & then mobile apps & then the DC -> component.....

Reg,

Nipun

Edited by: Nipun Dev on Sep 22, 2010 11:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nipun,

For setting the path in mobile client, I have used the configuration API to get the mobile client installation directory and then I have appended the path of the mobile apps, pl see below

String instalPath = Configuration.getHomeDirectory();

instalPath1"
MobileApps
com.sap..com~issattachments
WEB-INF
webdynpro
Components
com.sap.com.issattachments.attachments.comp.AttachmentsComp
"
FileName

This is the path which I have defined in the application. But after running the application from the mobile client , the image is not rendered in the image element in the application.

Please suggest!

Thanks

Regards,

Priya

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

In debug mode, copy this path at runtime into the explorer and see whether the image is displayed.

If thats fine than check the context modelling, if everything seems fine then its better to raise an OSS ticket with SAP to check the issue.

Regards,

Nipun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nipun,

I did not understand how to do this can you please explain it.

In debug mode, copy this path at runtime into the explorer and see whether the image is displayed.

The context variable is getting set properly as I tested it by giving the prjoject MIMES path and it rendered the image within the mobile client.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Do you know how to debug the laptop application? If not then printout the absolute path of the application and check whether the path is correct or not.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The absolute path is pointing to the correct mobile client folder, I have checked this. We are first creating the image file and then setting the path into the context variable. When we go to the mobile client folder in the filesystem, we can see the Image file created and present in the specified path, but still the image is not getting rendered in the mobile client application.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Is the cotext modelling proper? Binding image element to the context element which stores the image location.

If everything seems proper then raise an OSS message with SAP uploading the workspace, the client image and DB backup for MaxDB.

Best Regards,

Amit